Stuck in ClockworkMod Recovery

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
I'm plugged into a wall but it won't get off of the motorola screen when plugged in and when unplugged it won't turn on at all, nor am I able to boot in recovery mode

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you try a battery pull yet

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
About a million, that is the only way to get off of the M

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
give you battery time to charge if you was unplugged the entire time your battery could just be low. because before you was atleast able to get into recovery

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you should have enough juice now to power on into recovery

gocougs

Reaction score
i had sp recovery and switched to clockwork today when i downloaded rom manager. I tried to install this rom (Ultimate Droid 8.1.1) without making a backup because it said there wasnt enough space on my sd card. the install didnt work it said md5 mismatch. i had backups in sprecovery but have none in clockwork. now when i try to reboot it stays on motorola logo. am i screwed. i tried to install unroot droid.zip it was renamed and everything. i dont know what to do im stuck on clockwork recovery and if i try to reboot im stuck on moto logo

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you tried this:
i think i see what is tripping you up. i am in clockwork recovery now...
click install zip from sdcard
choose zip from sdcard
and find the update.zip

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it is labeled update/

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Apparently my battery was low as well. I am recharged and going to try it out now since at the office I cannot connect a harddrive to the pc.

Edit: Now the story gets worse, it seems like it was NOT my battery last night as the phone charged all night. The phone will not turn on when not plugged into an outlet, I CAN boot up into recovery when I am connected to the outlet but roughly a minute after disconnecting it shuts down.

Last edited:
OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
i had sp recovery and switched to clockwork today when i downloaded rom manager. I tried to install this rom (Ultimate Droid 8.1.1) without making a backup because it said there wasnt enough space on my sd card. the install didnt work it said md5 mismatch. i had backups in sprecovery but have none in clockwork. now when i try to reboot it stays on motorola logo. am i screwed. i tried to install unroot droid.zip it was renamed and everything. i dont know what to do im stuck on clockwork recovery and if i try to reboot im stuck on moto logo

Did you find a solution?

CatsTide

Reaction score
can you still boot into recovery while plugged in? maybe your battery didn't charge because of the state it's in. try to install one of those roms pilot was suggesting while still plugged in. maybe once you get some type of rom installed it may charge.if not it could be a bad/damaged battery.

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
How would I get the rom onto my phone though, it only functions when plugged into my wall charger not plugged into my pc. I was thinking, is it possible to take out my sd card and put it into my old phone (using it simply as a hard drive) putting up unroot file on there and then trying to reboot in recovery and do it that way? I have no idea this sucks, i feel naked without my droid!

CatsTide

Reaction score
How would I get the rom onto my phone though, it only functions when plugged into my wall charger not plugged into my pc. I was thinking, is it possible to take out my sd card and put it into my old phone (using it simply as a hard drive) putting up unroot file on there and then trying to reboot in recovery and do it that way? I have no idea this sucks, i feel naked without my droid!
that might work but your old phone might not recognize your 16gb card or might try to reformat it. it should ask before reformatting though. the best way would be to put the micro sd in an adapter and put it straight into your pc or card reader.i have 4 or 5 of those adapters...wish i could email you one.:mad:

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
It was just a dare, and I am pretty sure it doesn't try to reformat it because a buddy of mine had an eris who stopped reading his card but my old dare read it fine. I am going to try this during my lunch break I'm desperate to fix my phone.

So I am going to try that unroot update.zip that was referenced earlier in this thread hopefully it works this time but it hasn't when I tried before. My phone can still be saved right? I'm dreading the b_ _ _ _ word