Stuck in ClockworkMod Recovery

CatsTide

Reaction score
Yea I'm back at work so I have to wait until I get out of the office to try more steps. My battery seems to be charging now since I put blackdroid on. What should I attempt first the nandroid file that is unzipped or attempting to do the droidmod update.zip. As for my 'guru' status more like an ass who tried everything possible because he screwed up lol
it's up to you but since you have already failed several times trying to install an update.zip,i would try the nandroid option.make sure it's just a folder and not a zip.the folder should contain 5 files...boot,data,cache,nandroid md5 and system

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
U right...thaty I had questions I have FM ready to go in case I want to go back and looking. Through astro I noticed. That file was not nmy nandroid folder not saying u ain't right

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Forgive the slow response only typin doing red light

CatsTide

Reaction score
hydro...this is exactly how to load your nandroid file:

-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "backup" folder inside "clockworkrom" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
-Choose Nandroid,
-Do a Factory Reset
-Go Into Partition Menu
-Format SYSTEM
-Format BOOT
-Go Back With Power Button
-Choose Nandroid
-Restore UltimateDroid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yiu right cat, I'm at the gas station pickin up a 5hr energy. For the droidmod file I am learning on the fly so I was saying thatb I did not see it in my nandroid folder which was why I was wondering if u can load it as a zip. We all learning this clockwork system. So I am open cat if u was sayin it had to b n a nandroid folder.

nocktherock2010

Reaction score
I had the same problem

I had the same problem after trying to install UDv8.1.1
This is how i fixed it

-Downloaded the nandroid file for the UDV8.1.1
-Extracted the file on my computer
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "backup" folder inside "clockworkrom" folder on your sdcard
-Choose Nandroid, Make Backup of Old Rom (optional)
-Do a Factory Reset
-Go Into Partition Menu
-Format SYSTEM
-Format BOOT
-Choose Nandroid
-Restore UltimateDroid

Taken from UD installation instructions :icon_ banana:

CatsTide

Reaction score
Yiu right cat, I'm at the gas station pickin up a 5hr energy. For the droidmod file I am learning on the fly so I was saying thatb I did not see it in my nandroid folder which was why I was wondering if u can load it as a zip. We all learning this clockwork system. So I am open cat if u was sayin it had to b n a nandroid folder.
i never said put it in the nandroid folder

CatsTide

Reaction score
I had the same problem after trying to install UDv8.1.1
This is how i fixed it

-Downloaded the nandroid file for the UDV8.1.1
-Extracted the file on my computer
-Choose Nandroid, Make Backup of Old Rom (optional)
-Do a Factory Reset
-Go Into Partition Menu
-Format SYSTEM
-Format BOOT
-Choose Nandroid
-Restore UltimateDroid

Taken from UD installation instructions :icon_ banana:
eerily similar to post #126 :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My bad cat blame it on the al....on me rushing to work and texting

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey did any of that fix the prob... I'm checkin in and out non my droid during work.

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
I'm still at work and I cannot hook up an external harddrive without certain access for data loss prevention reasons. As soon as I perform the next step (attempting blackdroid nandroid) I will update and if that is not successfule I will try the other suggestions.

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
I just heard the best thing in almost 24 hours. DROOOOOID!!!! My phone works! Thank you to everyone who contributed. Adding the blackdroid nandroid file is what ultimately fixed it all.

I have a question, is there a way for me to get all my apps back and register for gmail and all that because I do not have any contacts or anything at all.

CatsTide

Reaction score
I just heard the best thing in almost 24 hours. DROOOOOID!!!! My phone works! Thank you to everyone who contributed. Adding the blackdroid nandroid file is what ultimately fixed it all.

I have a question, is there a way for me to get all my apps back and register for gmail and all that because I do not have any contacts or anything at all.
great news...just sign in to your google account and you will get your conttacts and emails back.go to the market and redownload your apps.your paid apps will be available for download also(for free of course).

OP
H

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot I appreciate the help so much. By the way ultimate droid looks and runs sickkk! What about all of those app backups that I ran is there a way for me to restore that?