Struggling with calendar

cecilg

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for a great forum,
I just got my new HTC Inc and really enjoying it so far. However with that said, I am have a tough time getting my calendar to sync. I am using Entourage on a Mac and have tried everything except the right thing. I set up a Gmail account but have not used their calendar as I'm not sure how to sync that either. As you can tell I am pretty tech illiterate.
Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Cecilg

kmo

Reaction score
I'm using a macbook too and I just synced my ical to my Google gmail account. Works great, I can apply my calendar at my MAC or on my INC and it sends the schedule. Love that I can have one calendar for all my needs...

Edit: Wanted to say that I know a lot of people are using other mail accounts (not Google) but with this phone being Google native it works really well with the Google applications. Personally I love the Google part of the phone. I also have a Comcast account on my phone (secondary account) and it also works fine on my INC. My advice is to start using a Google gmail account. It might take a short time to get used to a different format but worth it in the end result.

Last edited:
OP
C

cecilg

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks. I set up the Google calendar and everything is fine now.
Thanks again

izzy35

Reaction score
I'm using a macbook too and I just synced my ical to my Google gmail account. Works great, I can apply my calendar at my MAC or on my INC and it sends the schedule. Love that I can have one calendar for all my needs...

Wanted to know if maybe you could help me. I finally got iCal to sync with google. The google calendar and ical are syncing beautifully. Now, when I sync the google calendar to the Incredible, it is missing a lot of appointments. And I only have 1 calendar set up in google so not sure why this is.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

kmo

Reaction score
You got me, all I did was sync the 2 calendars up (Macbook/Incredible) and everything works fine. When I make changes on my phone they go to my Mac and vice versa. Wish I could help. Try a re-install see if that helps...??

izzy35

Reaction score
You got me, all I did was sync the 2 calendars up (Macbook/Incredible) and everything works fine. When I make changes on my phone they go to my Mac and vice versa. Wish I could help. Try a re-install see if that helps...??

Yeah the syncing from ical to google and even to the inc, works. BUT i just realized, the appointments that are syncing to the INC are ALL DAY events. Any other appointment that isn't ALL DAY, isn't syncing.

This is so frustrating.

Question, if ure settings on the actual INC, there are 2 calendars that are there, which I didn't create, 1) My Calendar and 2) PC sync. Are these stock? Do u have them?

kmo

Reaction score
Did you try this?>>>>sorry for the long paragraph.
About Calendar
Use your phone’s Calendar to create and manage your events, meetings, and appointments. You can also set up your phone to stay in sync with the following types of calendars:
 On your phone, sign in to your Google Account so you’ll be able to sync your phone’s Calendar with your Google Calendar online. If you have not signed in to your Google Account yet, see the Accounts and sync chapter to find out how to sign in.
You can create multiple Google Calendars only in Google Calendar on the Web. After creating them in Google Calendar on the Web, you’ll be able to see them in the Calendar application on your phone.
For more information about creating and managing multiple Google Calendars, visit the Google website.
 If you’re using Microsoft Outlook on your computer, you can set up HTC Sync on your computer to sync Outlook Calendar with your phone’s Calendar. See “Using HTC Sync” for details.
 If you have a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account and you have added it on your phone, you can sync your phone’s Calendar with your Exchange ActiveSync calendar events. See the Email and Accounts and sync chapters for details.
Creating a calendar event
You can create events that appear on your phone only, as well as events that sync with your google calendar, your computer’s Outlook Calendar, or Exchange ActiveSync calendar.
1. Press HOME /then tap apps arrow, and then tap Calendar. 2. On any Calendar view, press MENU and then tap New event.
When you are in the Month or Agenda view, you can also tap + at the bottom-right of the screen to create a new event.
3. If you have more than one calendar, select a calendar in which to add the event:
 Select My Calendar to create an event that will appear only on your phone.
 Select your Google Account to create a Google Calendar event. If you have several Google Calendars on the Web, select one in which to add your event.
 Select PC Sync to create an Outlook Calendar event to sync with your computer.
 Select Exchange to create an Exchange ActiveSync calendar event. 4. Enter a name for the event. 5. To specify the date and time of the event, do one of the following:
 If there is a time frame for the event, tap the From and To date and time to set them.  If it is a special occasion such as a birthday or a whole-day event, set the From and To
date, then select the All day check box. 6. Enter the event location and description.
7. Set the reminder time. You can add another reminder time in a Google Calendar event. Press MENU and then tap Add
reminder. 8. If the event occurs on a regular basis, tap the Repetition box and then choose how often
the event occurs. 9. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and then tap Save.
Inviting guests to your event (Google Account only)
If you want to invite guests to your event, you need to create and add the event in your Google Calendar. An invitation email will be sent to your guests using your Google Account.
1. Open Calendar and create a new event. Tap the Calendar field and then select your Google Account (or one of your other Google Calendars). For the steps, see “Creating a calendar event”.
2. Add details about the event, such as date and time, location, and more. 3. In the Guests field, enter the email addresses of everyone you want to invite to the event.
Separate multiple addresses with commas ( , ).
If the people to whom you send invitations use Google Calendar, they’ll receive an invitation in Calendar and by email.
4. Tap Save to add the event to your Google Calendar. Sending a meeting request using Calendar (Exchange ActiveSync only)
If you have an Exchange ActiveSync account set up on your phone, you can use Calendar to create a meeting appointment and send a meeting request email to the people you want to invite to your meeting.
1. Open Calendar and create a new event. Tap the Calendar field and then select Exchange. For the steps, see “Creating a calendar event”.
2. Add details about the meeting, such as date and time, location, and more. 3. Press MENU and then tap Meeting Invitation. 4. Tap and choose attendees from your contacts or Company Directory. 5. Enter your message and then tap Send.
6. Tap Save to add the meeting appointment to your Exchange ActiveSync Calendar.

Last edited: