Google Calendar syncing but missing events...Please help :-)

izzy35

Reaction score
So I synced my iCal to google calendar, everything synced great and is on the google calendar on the actual website. I then had it sync to the Incredible calendar application. Some appointment synced and some didn't.

I only have 1 google calendar so it's not like i missed setting up all calendars to sync.

There has to be a solution. Why would it pick and choose which appointments, from the SAME calendar, it syncs??

Please, thanks for any help!

hifall

Reaction score
So I synced my iCal to google calendar, everything synced great and is on the google calendar on the actual website. I then had it sync to the Incredible calendar application. Some appointment synced and some didn't.

I only have 1 google calendar so it's not like i missed setting up all calendars to sync.

There has to be a solution. Why would it pick and choose which appointments, from the SAME calendar, it syncs??

Please, thanks for any help!
Did anyone ever discover the cause of this?? I'm having the same issue with my new Droid X.

sfisher

Reaction score
google calendar not syncing

I am having the same problem and do not want to do a reset. Someone will hopefully come through.

hifall

Reaction score
Google Calendar syncing but missing events

I spent about two hours in the Verizon store talking Friday to the local rep and then to Verizon customer support via phone from the store. We checked all software versions, upgrades, and hardware configurations. Then we signed a store phone into my Google acct with the same results. We performed several manual syncs. Phone rep took copious notes. We noticed that the sync changed two of my appointments from hourly to all day spanning the 10th and the 11th and all day the 11th. (This MIGHT be why people report "missing" appointments. It took us a while to find them.) In the end, we were not able to find any issues. When I got back home I checked my Google calendar, and found that the re-syncs pushed the all day changes from my phone to my Google calendar. I re-fixed the appointments to their properly hourly status and the changes synced correctly to the phone. Let's hope the occurs on somebody else's phone so that they can start tracking the issue.

ryebread

Reaction score
Missing Events in Google & Droid X Calendars

I'm having a similar problem. I have several calendars within my Google account, e.g., Government, Medical, Library, etc.

I first noticed about a week or two ago that the recurring City Council meeting was not showing up on my Droid X (it had been previously), but did show up on the Google calendar on my computer. I checked the settings on my phone and the Government calendar was supposed to be visible. I changed one of the meetings to add specific info to it. That meeting shows up on my phone, but the recurring meetings are still not showing up.

Tonight I noticed that an appointment that I have at the Library tomorrow night is on my computer Google calendar, but not on my phone. The appointment was added to the calendar from my phone. And a Medical appointment that I made yesterday from my phone and that still shows on my phone does NOT show on my Google computer calendar.

I checked Google Troubleshooting. I've checked all the settings and made sure they're all the same and then manually synced my phone (several times). I'm still having the same missing event problems.

Decided to play some more before posting this. Changed the calendar that the missing appointments are on and then changed them back to the original calendar. Now, I have both calendar appointments showing. Deleted the appointments that I put on my Personal calendar, the appointments are still showing on my phone. When I checked the appointments on my phone, some of these corrected appointments are showing "Organizer: (calendar name: <address>)", e.g. calendar name Library, but this is on the Library calendar, not the Personal calendar.

There is weird stuff going on with the calendar. I can't be missing appointments because they show up on the computer calendar but not the phone calendar or vice versa. I'm only on my computer about once a week. If I can't rely on my phone calendar, what can I depend on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hifall

Reaction score
I spent about two hours in the Verizon store talking Friday to the local rep and then to Verizon customer support via phone from the store. We checked all software versions, upgrades, and hardware configurations. Then we signed a store phone into my Google acct with the same results. We performed several manual syncs. Phone rep took copious notes. We noticed that the sync changed two of my appointments from hourly to all day spanning the 10th and the 11th and all day the 11th. (This MIGHT be why people report "missing" appointments. It took us a while to find them.) In the end, we were not able to find any issues. When I got back home I checked my Google calendar, and found that the re-syncs pushed the all day changes from my phone to my Google calendar. I re-fixed the appointments to their properly hourly status and the changes synced correctly to the phone. Let's hope the occurs on somebody else's phone so that they can start tracking the issue.

After many "I don't know"(s) and scratching of heads, this eventually settled down and resolved itself. Nobody seems to be able to explain to me how or why it happened. Fine, I was willing to let bygones be bygones as long as I got my calendar working properly. THEN Motorola sent me an email in response to a separate ongoing email sync issue saying that the fix for my email issues was contained in the new Gingerbread update. "Please DL and install GB on your Droid X". NOW I'm on my second Droid X phone . Numerous factory resets (at least four), and multiple account deletions and re-adds later, guess what's back? Calendar sync issues!! NOW the calendar is down syncing to my phone but any entries I make on my phone are not up syncing to the calendar. Anybody else having GB issues?

sarahdeez

Reaction score
problem

I am too having the problem where items sync TO my phone but not FROM my phone. I have the latest version of htc sync.

Did you ever find a solution?

hifall

Reaction score
Calendar Sync Issues - Multiple symptoms/causes

I am too having the problem where items sync TO my phone but not FROM my phone. I have the latest version of htc sync.

Did you ever find a solution?

sarahdeez, Yes! In my opinion, MY calendar sync issues described above (appts moving, expanding, and syncing wrong data) had to do with software issues in FroYo and GB that were eventually tickled out by the developers and pushed to later releases without notifying users. These issues have pretty much disappeared. The issue YOU describe I believe has to do with the fact that your phone may have multiple calendars showing on your phone.

After many hours and multiple calls to tech support I discovered that my phone: DroidX (with FroYo and then Gingerbread), had a default calendar on the phone that was automatically enabled when you start entering appts. When on the phone it would create appts on the phone calendar that would not sync to the Google calendar, and on the Google calendar (desktop/online) the appts would sometimes show up on the phone if the phone was set to view all calendars. (Though I didn't notice it at the time, the phone calendar appts and the Google calendar appts showed up with different default colors.) When I resolved my issue, I completely disabled the phone calendar by setting the view to only show the Google calendar instead of all. When I found MY menu option I had been on a call with tech support before they suggested that option. The tech walked me through finding that option.

I do not know where your view/calendar menu is on your HTC but that is definitely one option I would check. Hope this helps. Would love to hear about your success. :biggrin: