Straight Outta Compton (NWA story)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nwa-movie-(1).jpg

If you grew up in the early 90s or you are a fan of hip hop then this is definitely the movie for you as NWA was the group that changed the face of hip hop. As a biopic I felt like this was one of the most interesting and best biopic I have ever seen. Though the First half is stronger than the second half the movie did a good job of cutting it of at the point of leaving the viewers wanting to see more (vs many movies that seem to go too long). With the exception of the actor they had playing Snoop, all the other actors did an awesome job personifying their character. Though I would not recommend taking young kids, as it had some mild nudity, language, and scenes not suitable for young viewers, I did see several parents dragging in their young kids.
If you get a chance this is a movie I highly recommend you see and possibly the last best movie of the 2015 Summer movie Season, something I thought Fantastic Four would have been.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
A biopic on NWA has just "language"?!?

I've been listening to the Ease quite a bit at the gym lately.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Cruisin down the street in my six-fo'

NWA is epic. I'll definitely be checking this out.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
They were definitely controversial back in the day, and paved the way for other artists that came after them. Not something I'll pay to see, but may catch it on Prime someday.
I've liked Ice Cube's movies more than his music over the years, but can appreciate how hard both he & Dre have worked to get to where they are today.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
This broke some sales records at the theatre.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not my style of music, but I was actually just watching some stuff on this movie this past week. Definitely interested in the bio aspect of the story. As you guys have said, these guys hustled and worked hard and became huge. I doubt I'll go see it in the theater, simply because we don't get to the theater very often, but it'll definitely be on my "To watch" list.

trumastanr1

Reaction score
At last love nwa grew up with it.

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk