X-Men Days of Future Past (non-spoiler) review

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
X-Men_Days_of_Future_Past_poster.jpg

After Joe Schumacher's Batman and Robin Hollywood took a break on comic book movies. It was not until Bryan Singer's X-men did we see Hollywood take another stab at it. X-men showed that you could take a comic book movie and make it a serious tone and that has lead to many great comic book movies since then. Unfortunately the X-men franchise was head downslope while everyone else was heading upward. X-men First Class provided some spark into the franchise and Day of Future Past just elevated it. I would argue that days of future past is possibly the best X-men movie with a great story and thrilling action. For a 2hr movie it really did not feel like 2 hours at all as I was wanting to see more. And don't worry this movie did not make the mistakes of The Amazing Spiderman 2 by showing too many teasers that basically gave away the plot and they did a much better job balancing all the characters so the movies did not seem crowded (which I have to admit the X-men franchise seemed to have handled that in all of its movies).

My movie rating (rating system posted here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...review-amazing-spiderman-2-non-spoiler.html): Full Price X. I not only will see the movie again but would recommend everyone see it once in theaters if they can. As much as I raved about Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier I think this movie is on par if not better. Everything from the tone, pacing, and action seemed to keep the story going.

Kids: This movie has quite a bit of strong language as well as strong violence I would highly recommend seeing the movie first or checking out the Parent rating on imdb before taking your children to see the movie as some content may not be suitable for young viewers.

[video=youtube;pK2zYHWDZKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo[/video]​

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By the way there is a post credit scene.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I would rate the movie up there with The Avengers. It is the best x-men movie made. I will be seeing it again.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Days of Future Past took place in the Future in the comic with the mutants being hunted by Sentinels. Is this that story?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
That's part of the story

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

KaChow

Reaction score
I think this was a great X-Men movie, it was full of action, had a strong plot, and there were many sides of the X-Men that were not seen before in past movies which added to greater depth to the Mutant complexity. But, for me the ending of this movie killed it for me, that's all I'm going to mention about that, you'll have to see the movie to decide for yourself.