Stop synch at night

2001400ex

Reaction score
Okay, don't grill me, I have searched a couple times and read through top 5 app threads and such, and I have tried a couple programs, but can't find what I am looking for.

How do I stop the synch of my gmail and exhange e-mail from say 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM or whatever? The couple programs I try disable the sound and such, but do not disable synch all together. I know there is a program called tracker or something, but that sounds way more complex than I need it to be. I just want to disable synch so the light doesn't come on at night and the battery doesn't drain. (the battery deal is because I am often in low service at night and the synch will drain a battery and kill the phone, making the alarm clock not work). I have seen a couple programs that will put it in airplane mode or something, but I want text and phone at night, just not e-mail.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Under 'Settings', 'Battery Manager', I select 'Nighttime saver' which is supposed to reduce battery consumption.
However, I charge my phone overnight, every night, even if I have 70% or more left at night, to be sure I'll make it through the next day.
So I use Silent Time Lite, a freebie that allows me to set up a weekly schedule to silence the phone from, say, 10 p to 6 a., but allow exceptions (family members, etc.) to call.

A

abn75

If you have the power control widget on any of your screens uncheck the one for sync when you do not want it to sync. Then turn it back on when you want it ti

Sent from my DX running DS4.2

OP

2001400ex

Reaction score
Under 'Settings', 'Battery Manager', I select 'Nighttime saver' which is supposed to reduce battery consumption.
However, I charge my phone overnight, every night, even if I have 70% or more left at night, to be sure I'll make it through the next day.
So I use Silent Time Lite, a freebie that allows me to set up a weekly schedule to silence the phone from, say, 10 p to 6 a., but allow exceptions (family members, etc.) to call.

I have the OG Doid, do not see that setting. THe Silent time, does it just silent it? I am looking to stop the synch as well.

If you have the power control widget on any of your screens uncheck the one for sync when you do not want it to sync. Then turn it back on when you want it ti

Sent from my DX running DS4.2

Yeah, I have that widget of course. Was just hoping to have a program automatically do that. I would forget to turn it back on in the morning.

Thanks for the responses!

Lenagainster

Reaction score
.. THe Silent time, does it just silent it? I am looking to stop the synch as well....
The point was that I charge the phone every night. So I'm not concerned about stopping the sync to save battery while the phone is plugged into the charger. Why else would one want to stop sync?
There were times when I had 70% or even 80% left on the battery at night (hardly used the phone during the day, or used the Car Dock/GPS and the phone was being charged), and invariably the next day, I'd be in the yellow zone (30% or less) by evening and hope I could make it to bedtime before having to plug the phone into a charger. So I make it a habit to charge the phone every night, no matter what charge is left on the battery.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think tasker can do what you need. Its a paid app though. Not sure of any olthers that might automatically turn off sync at nite.

Sent from somewhere...

OP

2001400ex

Reaction score
Yeah, my issue is I am in hotel rooms and they often don't have plug ins close to the bed. Yes when I am home I usually plug it in unless I am close to a full battery.

I might have to try tasker.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yep tasker will do it and its definitely worth the purchase because it can do so much more then just that. best app i purchased, easily.

Skull One

Reaction score
I have a D1 and I use only one program to toggle all of the phone features by time and/or location. Setting Profiles Full by probeez. I can't recommend this program enough. I have three profiles. Day, Night and Movies. Day and night are based on time of day. Movies is for total silence and to set the screen brightness and timeout to the lowest settings possible. For movies, I simply click the clock next to the profile and tell it how long to run before return to the previous settings. You never have to worry about forgetting to set the profile back.

I have used this program under just about every major ROM release, including CM7 RC2 with no issues.

OP

2001400ex

Reaction score
I have a D1 and I use only one program to toggle all of the phone features by time and/or location. Setting Profiles Full by probeez. I can't recommend this program enough. I have three profiles. Day, Night and Movies. Day and night are based on time of day. Movies is for total silence and to set the screen brightness and timeout to the lowest settings possible. For movies, I simply click the clock next to the profile and tell it how long to run before return to the previous settings. You never have to worry about forgetting to set the profile back.

I have used this program under just about every major ROM release, including CM7 RC2 with no issues.

Yeah I looked at that program, but does it turn of synch or just silence the ringers?

Another issue I am having that is kind of related. Like this morning, when I got on the airplane, I put it in airplane mode and left the music going. Well I put it in my pocket and slept the whole flight. When I woke up, the phone was warm and the battery went from 90% to 60%. Usually on a 2 hour flight doing nothing but listening to music in airplane mode, of course the phone doesn't get warm and the battery will only drain 10%. So I pull up the battery usage, and email (exchange) had used 46 minutes and android server had used 38 minutes. This happens every so often, which I do not understand since I have the exhange to only synch every hour. Any thoughts on that? OG Droid stock.

Skull One

Reaction score

Yeah I looked at that program, but does it turn of synch or just silence the ringers?

Another issue I am having that is kind of related. Like this morning, when I got on the airplane, I put it in airplane mode and left the music going. Well I put it in my pocket and slept the whole flight. When I woke up, the phone was warm and the battery went from 90% to 60%. Usually on a 2 hour flight doing nothing but listening to music in airplane mode, of course the phone doesn't get warm and the battery will only drain 10%. So I pull up the battery usage, and email (exchange) had used 46 minutes and android server had used 38 minutes. This happens every so often, which I do not understand since I have the exhange to only synch every hour. Any thoughts on that? OG Droid stock.

Setting profiles allows me to adjust the following major categories:

WiFi
Bluetooth
Airplane Mode
Silent Mode
Ringer Volume
Media Volume
In-Call Volume
Alarm Volume
System Volume
Phone Ringtone
Vibrate for Calls
Vibrate for Notifications
Notification Ringtone
Pulse Notification light
Audible touch tone
Audible selection
Speaker phone
Orientation
Brightness
Screen Timeout
Auto-Sync
GPS

I believe that should allow you to control everything.

As for your problem, I have no personal experience with that condition. Mainly because I never use airplane more or play music. Sorry :(