Stock phone stuck in activate screen after factory reset.

felbel

Reaction score
Hello,
I went searching thru the forum and found this same issue..BUT it was unanswered since september :(

Please please don't leave me unanswered..

I did a factory reset on my husbands stock moto droid. Its stuck in the activation screen. I call it states it's been activated successfully but no 3G and it won't go past this screen. Help me!
I've taken the battery out, turned phone off then on.nothing works.
Please help me!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would stop by a corporate store.

Has the device ever been rooted?

OP
F

felbel

Reaction score
No it has never been rooted.

Thank you for replying

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you reboot into recovery? Here's a set of instructions I found for doing a factory hard reset from there:

[FONT=&quot]With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Power[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.[/FONT]

OP
F

felbel

Reaction score
Thank you that's how I did the first reset.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2nd FR didn't work :(

Well, time to go stand in line then!! Or you can call tech services and they'll probably overnight a replacement. There is a slim possibility that you'll be able to wrangle an upgrade out of them, but only slim.

One of the advantages of standing in line is that if they, as I suspect they will, give you a Certified Like New phone, you can look it over carefully while there. That way if it is not "like new" you can swap it immediately.

Anyway, good luck and have a Happy Holidays!!!

OP
F

felbel

Reaction score
2nd FR didn't work :(

Well, time to go stand in line then!! Or you can call tech services and they'll probably overnight a replacement. There is a slim possibility that you'll be able to wrangle an upgrade out of them, but only slim.

One of the advantages of standing in line is that if they, as I suspect they will, give you a Certified Like New phone, you can look it over carefully while there. That way if it is not "like new" you can swap it immediately.

Anyway, good luck and have a Happy Holidays!!!

Thank you very much! Happy Holidays to you and yours as well!

OP
F

felbel

Reaction score
Could you give a short tutorial on wrangling ;)

OP
F

felbel

Reaction score
Update : my husband took it in..they called support. it's fixed.

azules9780

Reaction score
Roughly the same issue here. Except this is a refurbished phone that I just received today. My other one had a shattered screen. Anyway, i have no idea if this phone has ever been rooted before but I do know that it hasn't since I have had for a few hours. Anyway,

It originally booted up fine the first time and I was letting it do it's thing but it never downloaded my apps. So I started over from the beginning. Nothing. I tried again and this time it downloaded 3 apps and that was it. So I tried wiping it once again and starting all over. Nothing. Will not go past the activation screen.

I guess I could try to sideload something else on via update.zip method and see if I could get it to work. The only problem with that is, i was going to leave it stock for a few days just so I could make sure that everything on this refurbed phone works before I go to rooting etc. Basically, I was trying to narrow the possibility of potential problems in the future. Good thing I didn't immediately root because I really would have been chasing my tail. Anyway, I'll let ya know what i come up with. If anyone has any ideas, by all means chime in please.