Still no 2.0.1

korndawg

Reaction score
My dad's Droid still hasn't recieved his 2.01 update. Any special instructions on how to force this update?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
When did he get his Droid? If after Dec. 11 he wouldn't get an ota he would have it already......look in settings/about phone and see what the firmware is.

gentlefury

Reaction score
go to settings about phone check for system update...if he hasn't gotten it it will go then.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My dad's Droid still hasn't recieved his 2.01 update. Any special instructions on how to force this update?

Its 2.0.1.:) I dont have a link for you but there is a way to manually install it. Youll have to search.

OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score
go to settings about phone check for system update...if he hasn't gotten it it will go then.

Tried that and it doesn't work. Does he have to be on a 3G or wireless connection? Where he lives, he has neither.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you dont have a 3G connection or wifi, you can pretty much forget about OTA updates.

Reaction score
When did he get his Droid? If after Dec. 11 he wouldn't get an ota he would have it already......look in settings/about phone and see what the firmware is.

its funny cause i got my phone jan.6 and it wasnt updated to 2.0.1 until i got home from BB...

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I got mine Dec. 23rd and it updated as I left the store.

They didn't start shipping 2.0.1 pre-flashed phones until more recently.

OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score
I downloaded the file, put it in the root directory of the SD and still nothing. It pops up e: can't open/cache/recovery/command. The file starts opening and 25% thru, it aborts. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets put a copy of the directions over here so we can see where you are at:

1) Just download this file from your droid browser
update.zip

2) using a file manager (astro file manager works great) move the file from the download folder to the sd root folder.

3) Open your phone's keyboard. Hold down the letter X key on the keyboard and power your phone on WHILE HOLDING THIS KEY DOWN. You will see the Motorola logo, followed by a graphic with an ! mark on it. At this time let go of the X key and the power button. Press and hold the Volume + key on the side of your phone, then press the camera button while holding the Volume + key.

Now you will be presented with a menu. Navigate to "update" using the D-pad, and click the middle button. Now wait for the process to finish.

OK you've moved it to the root folder. You should be on 3 at that point.

OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score
Correct. Got to the step 3 and when i hit 'apply update.zip', there is a message that first says e: can't open/cache/recovery/command. It first starts to unpack and install. About 25%, it aborts. The last line of the loooong error says: droid error in sdcard/update.zip (status 7).