Notifications from twitter delayed?

hpNYR

Reaction score
My friend has a blackberry, and he gets tweets from the same hockey insider I do.

For a test we wanted to see who recieves the tweet first...and he got his at 5:46, while my droid got it at 5:51. What would be the reason for the delay. I forget what model blackberry, but it's nothing special his phone.

Thanks.

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
Does this just happen @ random on some days? Or is it usually delayed?

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone else sees this from time to time..bump.

JCo352

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I have never noticed it before.

scoder

Reaction score
Both devices reach out to Twitter and fetch the information. The interval at which it collects information is by default 15 minutes I think on the Droid (not sure about the BB, probably the same). The interval on your phone is just at a different time than his.. If the hockey insider had tweeted at 5:50, you still would have gotten it at 5:51 but he would have seen it at 6:01 probably (if his fetch interval was also set to 15 minutes.) Hope this made sense

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
Both devices reach out to Twitter and fetch the information. The interval at which it collects information is by default 15 minutes I think on the Droid (not sure about the BB, probably the same). The interval on your phone is just at a different time than his.. If the hockey insider had tweeted at 5:50, you still would have gotten it at 5:51 but he would have seen it at 6:01 probably (if his fetch interval was also set to 15 minutes.) Hope this made sense
Yea, a little lol. Appreciate it. How can you chnage the default?

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
Which twitter app do you use?
I use tweetcaster by handmark.

But I think you do it from twitter.com(mobile section) That's how I have the tweet updates sent to my phone, not from the app...im pretty sure.

But if I'm wrong , please do inform me.

Thanks!

JCo352

Reaction score

But I think you do it from twitter.com(mobile section) That's how I have the tweet updates sent to my phone, not from the app...im pretty sure.

Thanks!

Have you used the official twitter app? That's the one I use and it works pretty well.

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
In tweetcaster my refresh interval has been on 3 MINS.

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score

Thanks!

Have you used the official twitter app? That's the one I use and it works pretty well.
I'm not sure it's from the apps though. You have to set it up from twitter.com for it to send you phone texts of individual tweeters you want to get them from.

JCo352

Reaction score
Why would you use the text method, when you could just use an app? The text method is for people without smartphones.

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
Why would you use the text method, when you could just use an app? The text method is for people without smartphones.
Its for me to get texts from certain people im following on twitter. I dont update my tweets thru text, I get texts when they tweet something...you cant do that w the app..

scoder

Reaction score
I too am confused as to why you would use the text method, that's known for its slow push of updates. I used that when I first started using Twitter and would get my girlfriend's tweets up to 2 hours late. Then I got a Droid and used a dedicated app for it.