Still dropping data!!!

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Anybody else still having data drop issues after the .173 update? I took the phone to verizon twice about the data drops before this update and the first time they replaced my sim card, that didnt help, then the 2nd time i took it in about a week after that the guy at verizon told me "its a known issue and there working on an update, theres NOTHING we can do for u except have u wait for the update". So do u think i will still be abke to get it replaced for a new 1 since verizon specifically told me to wait, which obviously took me out of my 30 day return period? I will be super pissed if they tell me all they can do is warranty it for a refurbished one!!! I mean thry really should give me a new one since the ONLY reason i didnt just tell them "no, i want to exchange this phone now" (inside my return period) was because they TOLD ME they couldnt do anything but wait for the update!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Skip going into the store, and call verizon.

CSR's have a lot more authorization and wiggle room for this kind of stuff over the store employees. The stores are really only there for people to buy phones.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Call Verizon. They'll send you a new one, not a refurbished one.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Do i have to send my phone in then wait 4 the replacement in the mail? Or will they send it and i can send this 1 back once i get it then they just charge ne if i never send this one back or something like that?

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
And also is it too late to call them tonight? It probably doesnt make a difference but im in nebraska, central time Zone

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
They send you a new phone, but you have to pay for it up front, then when they receive the old phone, they credit your card.

Pick up your phone and dial *611. If they answer, they're there. If they don't answer, then you'll have to try back tomorrow.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
And also is it too late to call them tonight? It probably doesnt make a difference but im in nebraska, central time Zone

Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them... after bumping me to level 2 tech support he said "im pretty sure its the phone itself causing the problem but theres no way i can know 100% weather its the phone or sim so ill send u a phone and a sim, put the new sim in the old phone, if it works send the new phone back, if not send the old phone back" either way im keeping the new phone and sending the old back lol.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Oh and its probably a refurb there sending me :( i asked if it wad new or refurb and he said "honestly theres no way to know for sure its just whatever moto sends us but im pretty sure with a phone that new, and expecially since u have the white one which is even newer and there are even less of it is PROBABLY new, but even if it wasnt we run a test that test EVERY aspect of the phone and if it cant pass everything a brand new phone would we send it back to moto" which makez me think it MIGHT be a new 1...or he might just be saying that to make me feel better about getting a refurb lol but he was like "if u want me to hold off on shipping it so u can go into the store and see if they will give u a new one out of thebox right then and there u can do that then call us back if they dont" but i said go ahead and send it cuz i know the store wont open a new boxed 1 n give it 2 me...and i suppose a refurb is better than 1 that completely drops data every 10 min

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Now to remove any traces of rooting the phone lol...what all do i need to do for that? Can i use voodoo rootkeepr to unroot it then do a factory reser and be good? Or do i need to find an actual full unrooting method?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
"if u want me to hold off on shipping it so u can go into the store and see if they will give u a new one out of thebox right then and there u can do that then call us back if they dont" but i said go ahead and send it cuz i know the store wont open a new boxed 1 n give it 2 me...and i suppose a refurb is better than 1 that completely drops data every 10 min

If he left a note on your account about it they may have.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
When he asked if i wanted to wait to see what the store says i said ni just go ahead and ship it and he said ok n took down the shipping info