How to sell my replacement RAZR phone?

jlomorgan

Reaction score
Here's my scenario:

I just upgraded to the RZR MAXX. While I was in the store I told the salesperson that the RAZR I was upgrading from had a broken headphone jack and was still under warranty. He told me he would have a factory refurbished one sent out so I can swap them out and sell it. So he took the sim and the microsd card out of my RAZR and put it in the MAXX and activated it. I now have been delivered the replacement RZR so I would like to sell it.

How do I go about this? It came without a sim and sdcard. Any help would be great! I am new to the forums as of today so please bear with me :)

Thanks in advance!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forums.

I would check your local Craigslist and see what they are going for and put it up for sell there. There is a sister site of this one where they allow you to sell on there but I can't find the link for it. They don't allow buying, selling, or trading on here.

I am sure you will have good luck with CL. Good luck.

OP
J

jlomorgan

Reaction score
Thanks Sydman!

There isn't much on CL in my area. I would like to possibly sell it on Ebay or another site. Is it ok to sell without the sim and sdcard? Not sure how to word it or anything?

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks Sydman!

There isn't much on CL in my area. I would like to possibly sell it on Ebay or another site. Is it ok to sell without the sim and sdcard? Not sure how to word it or anything?

What I usually do if I want to sell something on ebay is look at my competition, find listings I think look good, and learn from that how to write up my listing. For example, here's a link for used Droid Razr's, so you can see what they wrote. Underneath the pictures you will see a link to Sell one like this (or maybe it will say Sell it yourself). Be sure it's in the category you want (e.g. Cell Phones & Accessories > Cell Phones & Smartphones).

Be very honest, take good pictures that show any imperfections or show off it's strengths (e.g., lack of scratches). List exactly what is included (headphones, charger, etc.), what is not included (sim card, memory card), what version of software it's running and maybe things like these: a link to the (ICS updated) manual or link to check if the ESN is good so they know it's not stolen.

I wouldn't worry about the sim card as they can get that at any verizon dealer. I also wouldn't worry about the sd card as the first thing I did was get rid of the 16 gb that came with mine and replaced it with a 32 gb.

Be sure you include where you will and won't ship to (e.g., Continental US Only) and whatever other info you want (e.g., payment must be within 3 days, will ship within 2 business days). I also include that any auction item over $250 will be sent with Signature Confirmation as that protects you with eBay if they say they didn't get it.

If you don't already have a PayPal account I would set one up as it simplifies things immensely.

Good luck!