Just updated, still dropping 4g!

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Ive had problems with my droid razr dropping data connection ever since i got it. I went to verizon about a month ago and they replaced my 4g sim card and it helped for maybe a day then started doing it again. Verizon told me that "the next update" should fix it. I just updated and my data still drops from 4g to nothing! Any ideas/suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Josebunbury

Reaction score
My data connections for 4G have gotten A LOT better since the update but it drops every now and then but is something I can live with as my cowerkers are gettingthe same thing on different phones, I got one for the wifey and that one I'm taking back as it drops every other minute and now I know is a phone issue, I just didn't to do that as I don't wanna get a refurb unit, I usually don't care too much for electronics that are refurbished but I paid good moneyfor a brand new phone and I expect some equal for my money..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ive had problems with my droid razr dropping data connection ever since i got it. I went to verizon about a month ago and they replaced my 4g sim card and it helped for maybe a day then started doing it again. Verizon told me that "the next update" should fix it. I just updated and my data still drops from 4g to nothing! Any ideas/suggestions?

Verizon Level 2 Tech Support (*611) explained to me what was causing the data drops. His explanation was that the RAZRs and the Nexus' were both suffering from a small software glitch that would cause the phone to have trouble going from 4G to 3G, instead dropping to 1X. Then the phone was unable to get back to either 3G or 4G succesfully even with full signal and even though the phone recognizes the 3G or 4G signal (the 3G and 4G icon shows, full signal level bars) but the white bars never turn blue (blue indicates that the phone is connected to the internet).

The last update was supposed to resolve this, but he explained there are also some minor glitches in the Verizon switches that they are working through. They hope to have the problem resolved soon. He suggested to cycle airplane mode and you may get data back, but there's no guarantee it will remain and you may have to cycle data again. Last Wednesday, my wife's RAZR had full data connection in 4G - blue, while mine was stuck in white 3G and had been for quite a few hours (I wasn't using data, but noticed the white bars). I called tech support when I needed data for Navigation. He suggested I cycle my airplane mode and then it regained data. Shortly thereafter hers lost data. We cycled her's and it regained data.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same my fiance has the raze she had 4g and i had 3g. which made no sense plus it said no service then go to Verizon wireless /no sim card.

jRockJunk

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue basically. After the last OTA update to my razr is unable to hold the 4g and simply goes to no data at all. Upon rebooting the phone its goes back to 4g for a time then nothing. After it fully loses the 4g, cycling airplane does nothing since now the phone does not see a sim card in it. I've replaced the the sim and same thing happens. My first call to Verizon I was told the update is "blowing out" sim cards and to replace it. Well that didn't work. A few more calls later and they want to send me a refurbished one. NO WAY will I take a used phone when I just bought this phone a couple months ago when it firstcame out. (dumb on my part I know). Brand new or let me out of my contract.

If I set to just 3g CDMA only and not 4g LTE the phone retains the data connection and doesn't lose it. My patience is running out.

Rodski

Reaction score
I've been down the same road. My 4g worked great for about 2 months. Then right after the update it would lose data connections constantly. The only way to get it back was to reboot the phone. I've been up to tech 2 several times. We have tried new sim cards which didn't make a difference. They sent me a "like new" phone...it exhibited the same problems so I sent that back. Next they had me try a manual code fix and that didn't work. I'm in a strong 4g area and it worked perfect previously so I'm a little frustrated that they can get this resolved. I like everything else about the phone too much and I've tasted how great it can work. My current fix is to run in 3g but that's not what we paid for and 3g will on occasion drop out, the phone never kicks down to 1x like my old droid.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Hey guys. My phone been losing connection a lot lately. The 4G disappears for 30 seconds then comes back. Very annoying. Is there anything I can do stop this or even slow it down. I have attached a picture of what it looks.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I downloaded the app last night and my data just dropped. Lol I think the data drop kinda reduced after I installed that app. What's the April update going to be?