Steve Jobs Hated Android So Much He Vowed to Destroy It

wildride89

Reaction score
I read this and had to laugh as "apple" is a company notorious for using other oem companies to manufacture technology and simply put in their equipment. We simply root our equipment while apple users have to jailbreak their enslaved products. Its hideous that you can even do a battery pull on a *phone. Wtf. Technology is growing at exponential rates. It's inevitable that more than one company will offer the same style products.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
Guy in the first post likes Steve jobs, you know about him denying his own child?
i don't know all the facts but he did something like that..
that's not a good person but that's the reason he was so successful.

jengas kahn

Reaction score
one could say that Hitler led a passionate life but you won't see me admiring him.

not that i'm likening Steve Jobs to Hitler.

no i certainly wouldn't be doing that. because he hasn't been dead that long yet. not enough time has passed for that to be an acceptable joke.

Last edited:

azdrifter

Reaction score
Only Apple has creativity ! ??

In a sense that is what Steve is saying that only creative and intelligent people work for Apple,...Well I honestly think that Creative people are everywhere and really who is stealing ideas form whom?
I'm sure that the developers at Apple are not miraculously inspired through a dream or a vision and only they have different ideas! Like someone commented earlier you can not stop technology and more importantly you can not stop the human spirit from dreaming from inspiring one another in the fullest sense you just can not stop the human brain !

shakes268

Reaction score
His rants always seemed hypocritcal to me. He played the victim against Microsoft every chance he got but Microsoft/Bill Gates also saved them (because they needed a competitor to keep from getting hit with more monopolistic business practice violations). The irony is that Apple wouldn't probably be here today if it hadn't been for Bill Gates needing them to survive.

Once Apple survived and gained more and more success it became what it always complained about. In reality Apple has always been a control freak type company. Our hardware, our specs, our software, our xxxx..The iPhone is the first apple product that I can remember that ever had a large software development community.

I think he was a good business man, a good marketer and good at figuring out how to make the "existing" more appealing.
He had some good ideas - that were mostly fads...Apple Newton (not sure if that was his or not but still an Apple product). The Air - slim, but I don't see many of them. In all honesty if the iPod hadn't taken off they would be in the tank right now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Steve Jobs is dead, but his hurtful words live on.

Seriously, who cares that he hated android, I mean wasn't that sorta obvious already? But hey, if passing this new-found idea out to the pubic will get more of his book sold to help him in contributing for his family's provision even after he's gone, then by all means.

Derekweb

Reaction score
Apple "stole" the GUI ideas from Xerox PARC, not that Xerox would have ever made good use of it.

kongo

Reaction score
I read this article (What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs) and it confirms what my buddies at Apple (some of them are up there, but not top-level) say about Steve Jobs as well.

It's sad the public humiliation, near fascist control of the company, and the intimidating, goading, berating, belittling, and even humiliating of employees. "When he was Bad Steve, he didn't seem to care about the severe damage he caused to egos or emotions... suddenly and unexpectedly, he would look at something they were working on say that it "sucked," it was "****.""

Although he was a genius and an innovator and I have respect for his work, these things taint his legacy, in my opinion, and I think people need to be fair and look at the whole picture. He's not the black turtlenecked Jesus of technology. It's not so different than how we view other legends of their fields, like Michael Jordan, who's competitive drive is well-documented (he punched his own teammates, gambled on everything, and had no ounce of graciousness during his Hall of Fame speech).

I'm not trying to speak ill of the dead. But I agree with the writer when she writes, ""He's been hailed as 'a genius' and "the greatest CEO of his generation" by pundits and tech journalists. But a great man's reputation can withstand a full accounting. And, truth be told, Jobs could be terrible to people, and his impact on the world was not uniformly positive."

riko540

Reaction score
I thought this was already pretty obvious that he really hated Android. All those lawsuits trying the have Android products banned aren't for nothing after all.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't Apple blatantly steal Linux?

Nope, not even close. It's BSD-based, and as of 10.5 (Leopard) is UNIX 03 certified, meaning it is a UNIX OS, not a UNIX-like OS. This is an older article, but it explains it well.

Mac OS X Leopard receives UNIX 03 certification

And then there's the fact that the Linux kernel is open-source, so even if OS X were Linux-based; it wouldn't be stealing. And the GUI is nothing like any Linux GUI i've ever seen (except themes made to copycat OS X)

celtic11

Reaction score
Its crazy how much of a parallel this whole steve jobs thing is with the late raiders owner al davis. When they were alive they were over the top, control freaks who, to the belief of many, hindered their product with their inability to relinquish all control. Then they die and they all that gets changed to "passionate." Now I'm not saying let's all spit on jobs' grave but I don't consider it disrepectful to say the same things you would say if the man was still alive.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Goes to show what a good sport he is -.- You would think someone that is supposed to be so innovative and revolutionary, that he'd be glad to see other companies trying to also build a mobile platform that is helping improve technology and people's lives. Also shows where Apple fanboys get there idea of anything having a similarity to an Apple product means it's a ripoff and stolen product. Just so everyone knows, the IBM Simon was the first smartphone, and the LG Prada, to me, has a lot of similarities to the iPhone..even design wise. Nothing is ever said about that though. Oh and notifications on the lockscreen, notification dropdown, and iMessage were all in Android first. Again, nothing is ever said about that.

I don't hate Jobs and I find Apple products to be really nice, but I hate the way Apple acts. They come across so arrogant and smug, it's sickens me.:S