What If... Steve Job's Was Google's CEO

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
I honestly think Steve Jobs is going crazy, I dont know if its old age or what but hes not the same person he used to be.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would use apple products.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Honestly, it's hard to say! I mean, steve jobs already has the iphone, so android would not necessarily be that way; it'd be pointless.

Who knows if it would have been good or not... All I know is that android is great now, so I have no complaints!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with the other poster who said Jobs would have been a poor fit.

Not accurate to say Jobs is focused just on hardware. But he tends to focus on a narrower spectrum - i.e., do fewer things exceptionally well. I don't see Google having the same breadth and depth of service with Jobs at the helm.

The other big thing is Google's somewhat unique model relying on advertising revenue is what makes it disruptive technology. Is that something Jobs' could have adapted to? Even with the model proven in search, I think it would have been tough for Jobs to break that traditional mode of thinking to expand and adapt the model to new products and services.

Madvincent

Reaction score
if Steve Jobs was CEO of Google well then i would be using Bing search engine and i would have a windows mobile phone and he need's to change his last name ;)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... then I'd be supporting the iPhone... :)

Google dodged a bullet here.... while he's made Apple a fortune, I don't like his philosophies.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
....would have pooped a twinkie by now

Raptor007

Reaction score
Then Android would have never happened and we would be stuck in a walled garden, which I got out of that one and returned to freedom and Android.