Steinhl flex vs ultra oleophobic

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Yeah I would hate to have to re-do all of the setup on my phone. You could ask for a new one rather than a re-furb.

How did you scratch it?

Threw it in my car dock and when in went to pull it out it fell between the seat and ONE time I forgot I had my phone in my pocket and in went the keys.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I actually like the screen protector I got with the phone on the release date. It work great with my Storm 1. Work Great with my wife's DX and it is holding up great with my GNex and there is no bubbles. I like Steinheil Ultra It work great on my Storm1 also. So if I had to choose I will choose that.

scdown

Reaction score
Oleophobic is not what I'd call it. It certainly doesn't hide smudges like the screen itself.

However, it does have a feel that's closer to the naked screen, and no orange peel.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I actually like the screen protector I got with the phone on the release date. It work great with my Storm 1. Work Great with my wife's DX and it is holding up great with my GNex and there is no bubbles. I like Steinheil Ultra It work great on my Storm1 also. So if I had to choose I will choose that.

You had a storm one? God bless you.

And yeah oleophobic it is not.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
You had a storm one? God bless you.

And yeah oleophobic it is not.

Yes I had a Storm1!!! It finally gave out on the The Galaxy Nexus Release date. I hate the fingerprints on my screen. I am always wiping it down. I cut it off and use Glass Plus all the time... I am looking for a glossy protector that does nor leave finger prints. That would be great...

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Yes I had a Storm1!!! It finally gave out on the The Galaxy Nexus Release date. I hate the fingerprints on my screen. I am always wiping it down. I cut it off and use Glass Plus all the time... I am looking for a glossy protector that does nor leave finger prints. That would be great...

I don't think its possible really. Not on a plastic protector.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I got the ultra and I hated it. It got fingerprints like nuts and I couldn't get all the bubbles out and it felt like plastic.

I threw $14 in the garbage. However it was so bad I felt like I had a new phone when I took em off.

Have no idea about the other one.

I'm going naked.

I wouldn't suggest going naked. I had the otter box on my gnex and after 2 weeks the otter box had put lil blimishes around the led at the bottom. The otter box felt smooth but somehow left scratches. Definately would not use the nexus naked, it scratches to easy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums