Steinheil Crystal

dunamis

Reaction score
just installed the anti fingerprint...went on great and great fit...but got to say, hate the blur. I thought it was my glasses and so I took off my glasses to double check. I took it outside and it's almost unusable. In the daylight glare and light, I could barely see through the protector. I'll try couple of days to see if I could get used to it, but it's a shame to cover the beautiful clarity of the screen. Most likely I'll probably take it off and deal with the fingerprints and possible scuffs....I feel right now, I rather have that then the blur.....the clarity is truly horrible from what the skinless screen shows!!!!

PROS....
-it does seem to do a great job on the fingerprints.
-great fit
-feels smooth (esp for swype)
CON
BLUR...BLUR...BLUR!!!!

ToddClark

Reaction score
as soon as i can find a place that has it in stock, i think i'd like to get the Steinheil Crystal, not the anti fingerprint kind, but the clear. Right now, it doesnt seem like ANYONE has them in stock. :(

baniels

Reaction score
BLUR...BLUR...BLUR!!!!

I found it completely unbearable. I couldn't believe the positive reviews of that version of the product.

I promptly returned mine for the Crystal. Perfectly clear.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
just installed the anti fingerprint...went on great and great fit...but got to say, hate the blur. I thought it was my glasses and so I took off my glasses to double check. I took it outside and it's almost unusable. In the daylight glare and light, I could barely see through the protector. I'll try couple of days to see if I could get used to it, but it's a shame to cover the beautiful clarity of the screen. Most likely I'll probably take it off and deal with the fingerprints and possible scuffs....I feel right now, I rather have that then the blur.....the clarity is truly horrible from what the skinless screen shows!!!!

PROS....
-great fit
CON
BLUR...BLUR...BLUR!!!!

Wait, are they really that much blurrier than any other anti glare screen protector? Have you ever had an anti glare protector? I ordered some anti fingerprint and am used to what happens with anti glare protectors, but are these a lot worse?

dunamis

Reaction score

PROS....
-great fit
CON
BLUR...BLUR...BLUR!!!!

Wait, are they really that much blurrier than any other anti glare screen protector? Have you ever had an anti glare protector? I ordered some anti fingerprint and am used to what happens with anti glare protectors, but are these a lot worse?

this was the second i put on...first anti glare I put on was for my ipod touch from the apple store. It did have little "distortion" but this just seems to have little more. However, I'm hoping that within couple of days the protector will per se "settle in" and maybe it will look little better. Or maybe my eyes will just get used to it.

I think an important point is that I'm looking and comparing the screen to a naked screen that I was used to looking at for about two weeks.....the naked screen of droid is just gorgeous and little alteration makes a lot of difference...you know what I mean? so again...maybe i'll just get used it with it on. after several of days we'll see what happens to the screen protector....

theviper90210

Reaction score
When will they have the crystal in stock, anybody know I need to order one. I emailed them but no response.

baniels

Reaction score

PROS....
-great fit
CON
BLUR...BLUR...BLUR!!!!

I don't know how it compares to other anti-fingerprint films. The problem for me is that I did not know to expect any level of blurriness. I have had anti-glare films on my laptops before, and while they matted the finish, they did not make it blurry at all.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
When will they have the crystal in stock, anybody know I need to order one. I emailed them but no response.

I sent them an email early last week, still waiting to hear as well. Steinheil... anybody listening?

Big Cam

Reaction score
You're not psychic?
Not on Tuesdays.

I'd just check back, it's a very popular item, and has been in stock and out of stock like 5 times since I've been a memebr here.

It'll come back, just be careful with your phone until then. The standard glass is very strong. I used mine for a few days before I got my screen protector, and it looks brand new still.

rjax

Reaction score

PROS....
-great fit
CON
BLUR...BLUR...BLUR!!!!

this was the second i put on...first anti glare I put on was for my ipod touch from the apple store. It did have little "distortion" but this just seems to have little more. However, I'm hoping that within couple of days the protector will per se "settle in" and maybe it will look little better. Or maybe my eyes will just get used to it.

I think an important point is that I'm looking and comparing the screen to a naked screen that I was used to looking at for about two weeks.....the naked screen of droid is just gorgeous and little alteration makes a lot of difference...you know what I mean? so again...maybe i'll just get used it with it on. after several of days we'll see what happens to the screen protector....

Very similar experience here...

I put on the Anti-Fingerprint protector a couple days ago and immediately noticed the blur -- but I since I really really like the way my finger never gets stuck on the protector the way it can on the glass, as well as the lack of fingerprints and anti-glare, I kept it on hoping the blur wouldn't seem so bad after a couple days.

I made my default zoom level in xScope higher, since the blur effect for me was most noticeable and most annoying when reading small text... that helped a lot. But today, even the icon text on the home screen seems fine. I have no idea if the protector "settled in" or I just got used to it, but I'm much happier than I was a couple days ago.

That said, I don't think my other big concern will go away so easily -- despite (because of?) the anti-glare feature, it's definitely and substantially harder to see the screen in bright sunlight, even with screen brightness maxed out. Which is unfortunate because I was amazed by how well the naked display could be seen in such bright conditions. I don't need to use the screen outside in bright sunlight that often... so hopefully it won't become enough of a problem that I feel like I need to remove the protector.

EDIT: Just as I finished typing this, someone started a dedicated Anti-Fingerprint thread.

droiddict

Reaction score
I have had an anti-fingerprint screen protector on my iPod Touch since day one so never used it without. I tried several screens for my Droid that I hated and finally found one like the iPod in this Steinhell Anti-Fingerprint. I do see the slight blur but to me it's worth it for the smooth feel and clarity of NOT having prints all over the screen. It's a YMMV thing.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sent them an email early last week, still waiting to hear as well. Steinheil... anybody listening?
I asked them about getting in stock notifications or the ability to place an order and have the item backordered. They responded a couple of days ago and said that their current setup could not accomodate such things but that they were looking to redesign the site to add such features. Until then, we'll just have to check their site.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
I asked them about getting in stock notifications or the ability to place an order and have the item backordered. They responded a couple of days ago and said that their current setup could not accomodate such things but that they were looking to redesign the site to add such features. Until then, we'll just have to check their site.

Or spend $25 and get the SGP Shield and toss the body protector! :smile: