Steinheil Crystal

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Well, since this thread was supposed to be about the Steinheil Crystal and not the Anti-Fingerprint, I am going to comment on that. The Crystal has no blur. The screen looks as clear as the factory glass did. And just as smooth. Feels good to the touch, no issues with sensitivity, though it was slightly noticeable at first, After a day or two I don't notice anything that puts me off in any way. It does feel more like plastic rather than the feel of the glass, but it's still very smooth. Fingerprints are much less pronounced on the Crystal than on factory glass. The smudges do still show, but nowhere near as bad as without the protector. And, again, absolutely no blur.

Highly recommend the Crystal. I have seriously enjoyed the piece-of-mind with no drawbacks.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
They're no longer not out of stock. I dont necessarily know if that means they're in stock, but it just let me order two sets....

Update: They shipped about 3 hours after I ordered -- get them while they're hot.

the5rivers

Reaction score
They're no longer not out of stock. I dont necessarily know if that means they're in stock, but it just let me order two sets....

Update: They shipped about 3 hours after I ordered -- get them while they're hot.

Same here. I ordered yesterday, got a ship notification today. So they are def back in stock.

billyk

Reaction score
Yup, just ordered.

I have been a Zagg user for years on phones for me and my family. I look forward to protectors that don't feel like tacky rubber.

Plus, has anyone ever noticed that Zagg protectors always seem to come with scratches on them? Not a real big deal, but they always look a little funky. Even the bulk 3M product that Zagg is made from (I own some of that too!) is just full of scratches right out of the box.

hajabooja

Reaction score
I was using the A/F shield and the blur was really bothering me. I decided to just order the Crystal Clear as well and I am very happy. I have had it on about 2 weeks and there are no scratches on it at all and it is just like having nothing on the phone. Great product.

dunamis

Reaction score
I was using the A/F shield and the blur was really bothering me. I decided to just order the Crystal Clear as well and I am very happy. I have had it on about 2 weeks and there are no scratches on it at all and it is just like having nothing on the phone. Great product.

LOL...I ordered my crystal as well. Just got a notice that they shipped.....I'm sure the crystal will not do the job AF did in smudges, but I think I could live with that over the blur.....

hajabooja

Reaction score
No, it doesn't do nearly as well with smudges, however it is a lot better clarity. I like it a lot better. I felt bad having it on there because I know how damn good the Droid's screen looks!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got mine, installed first try. Looks great.

If you dont feel like taking a shower to install it, use compressed air and rubbing alcohol to clean the screen, and keep it clean while you peel off the protector's protector.

Akitakan

Reaction score
A month ago I purchased Invisible Shield screen covers for my Droid and another device. I immediately installed it on the other device but held off putting it on my Droid. As others have stated, you do get an "orange peel" effect with IS covers. I was happy with the product but didn't know if I could live with this effect on my Droid. After reading reviews of Steinheil Crystal I decided to try it instead and I'm glad that I did. It was easier to install and doesn't effect the clarity of the screen what so ever. Finger prints still do show up but I'm not as concerned about this since I'm not adverse to do some cleaning once in a while. :)

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Steinheil Crystal for Motorola Droid

This is it right? I don't want to buy from the wrong site or a shady one.
Does it come with the cloth and cleaner or not? The instructions say it does, but the thing just say 2 screen protectors.
Also some people are saying the directions that come with them aren't even for the Droid, this true?

JerryC

Reaction score
I had the Crystal on my Omnia for about a year. The thing is darn near indestructable. I spent the last 6 months using any pointy object as a stylus, ball point pens were always close by. If you shine a flashlight on the crystal you can see the tiniest of scratches on it, otherwise, nada. I still have the second one that came with it somewhere.
I also had put the full skin on the phone as well. That lasted a couple of months, it's not as impressive as the crystal.
I swear the screen looked better with the crytsal on than without. When the VZ screen protectr craps out, a Steinheil Crystal is going on.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Steinheil Crystal for Motorola Droid
This is it right? I don't want to buy from the wrong site or a shady one.
Does it come with the cloth and cleaner or not? The instructions say it does, but the thing just say 2 screen protectors.
That's it. No cleaner.

Also some people are saying the directions that come with them aren't even for the Droid, this true?
I don't see how the Droid would really differ any. The application method is the same as what you see on that page.