Steinheil Crystal

Pinja

Reaction score
Welp the plastic cover that came on the phone when you buy it finally peeled off so I'm rocking a naked Droid right now with no protection :icon_ cry::icon_ cry:

Hopefully my cover will come in the mail soon

MikeyDroid

Reaction score
The order I placed on Saturday arrived today. I think the shower/steam is the way to go. Thanks for posting that idea out here....

Big Cam

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you could take off an installed one, run it rhough water to clean it, let it dry and re-install it? I messed up on my first one and it now has dust on it, and my second one went on about 97% perfect but I'm a perfectionist and I want to re-center it.

droidster22

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you could take off an installed one, run it rhough water to clean it, let it dry and re-install it? I messed up on my first one and it now has dust on it, and my second one went on about 97% perfect but I'm a perfectionist and I want to re-center it.

i'd suggest using scotch tape to lift the screen protector again on the second one and reapplying in the shower trick. The chances are, you will get some dust in it if you try re-applying normally so be careful.

baniels

Reaction score
You have two of them. So you could presumably try this out with the first one you used if you still have it.

DougNg

Reaction score
Just got an email from the sgp store today, and they said they should have the crystal protectors back in stock early next week

rob15594

Reaction score
Got the Crystal today, ordered it last friday. It looks so much better then the Verizon 3 pack. Doesn't show the greasy fingerprints like my old one. :icon_ banana:

Big Cam

Reaction score
You have two of them. So you could presumably try this out with the first one you used if you still have it.
I meesed up with the first one so the second one is the one on my phone.

I still have the first one, it just got dusty, so I weas going to try it on that one.

I love this screen protector, but man, you only get one shot to put it on straight.

If you lift it even once, that corner eill forever be up just a bit and dust will eventually get under there.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's my experience as well. Had one dust speck and used tape to remove it only to make things worse. Unfortunately, the second one is on my fiancee's Droid. Guess it's time to order another pair...

Still, I'd highly recommend this screen protector. The only thing about the Crystal is that finger grease really seems to accumulate on it and cause rainbow streaks. It's easily remedied by wiping it off. My fiancee's ends up with a lot of makeup on it.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I put my first one on last night ... used the shower trick and that worked very well so thanks so much for that tip.

However, I didn't lay it perfectly the first time ... it was the slightest bit off at the bottom left corner so there is a small area of imperfection on the left side of the phone ... not enough to bother me much since I use the unique skin over the crystal and that frame pretty much covers that bubble area ... so I will wait until I really need to replace it to put the second one on.

Anyone know how long they tend to last? I wonder if I should order a few packs next time.

I'm very pleased with the feel and look so far though ... smooth as glass and much better feel than the Zagg especially because I like to swype and the zagg was too sticky and made it difficult.

So far, I'm loving the crystal :icon_ banana:

grimace

Reaction score
Just saw the anti-fingerprint Steinheil are back in stock...
Check Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for Motorola Droid

sweet, i just ordered again.....ordered that the last time it was in stock, was there super-quick, but they sent me the crystal one instead.....decided to give it a try & while it's definitely better than bare glass for fingerprints, I still find myself having to wipe down a few times through the day (mainly b/c I read ebooks alot, & I use a black bg w/ white font, so fingerprints show up much more easily).....let's hope they send me the right one this time!

baniels

Reaction score
The crystal covers the screen. The shield covers screen and body.

lesa

Reaction score
Put mine on this morning (the Crystal one). I severely botched up the first one but the second one went on great (thank goodness!). I LOVE how it doesn't show smudges like the original screen. Great recommendation!