Sprint Unveils Sprint 'Framily Plan' (Not a Typo) & Six New 'Sprint Spark' Markets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-spark.jpg

T-Mobile is set to make waves tomorrow with the new phase in their Uncarrier initiative. That doesn't mean that the other carriers are lying down though. Sprint just kicked off a new product/service and improved on of their others as well. First, Sprint just added six new markets to their new Tri-Band-LTE network initiative called Sprint Spark. The service can provide enhanced LTE speeds as high as 60Mbps, but only with a compatible phone like the HTC One Max, the upcoming LG G Flex, or the LG G2 and Nexus 5 (once they receive the proper update in the coming weeks) ~ Sprint.

Here are the new markets:
  • Austin, Texas
  • Chicago
  • Dallas
  • Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
  • Fort Worth, Texas
  • Houston
  • Los Angeles
  • Miami
  • New York
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • Tampa, Fla.

That's not all Sprint has going for it though. They also announced their new "Framily" plan. While the name might not win any awards for creativity, the particulars of the plan just might. They plan to allow customers to ad friends to their family plans and much more. Here's the scoop directly from Sprint,

The Sprint Framily Plan is available to new and existing customers. The more people added to the group, up to 10 phone lines, the greater the savings for everyone on the plan. Because each account can be billed separately, customers can choose who is in their group.

For one line of service, new Sprint customers pay $55 per month per line for unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data. For each additional new Sprint customer that joins the Framily group, the cost per person goes down $5 a month up to a maximum monthly discount of $30 per line. Build a group of at least seven people and everyone gets unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data for $25 per month per line (pricing excludes taxes and surcharges).

All members of the group can customize their plan to meet their unique needs. For only $20 per month per line, Framily members can buy up to unlimited data plus get a new phone every year. Plan members can share the savings, without the hassle of sharing a bill. Each account can be billed separately. Unlimited features are while on the Sprint network.

The Sprint Framily Plan will be available in Sprint company-owned stores and Sprint third-party dealers beginning Friday, Jan. 10. Visit www.sprint.com/framily for more information.

“The Sprint Framily Plan redefines the way we think of family plans and gives our customers the power to decide who will be a part of their group and gain greater savings as more members are added,” said Dan Hesse, Sprint CEO. “Sprint continues to be a leader in offering customers choice, flexibility and value. The Sprint Framily Plan makes Sprint the best choice for families and friends.”

For the full details and press release, here are some source links below.

Source: Sprint Press Release & Sprint Framily

nickb34

Reaction score
Seems like a great step in the right direction. I would call $45 a month for unlimited everything a pretty decent deal.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That IS a good deal. Hopefully this will cause Verizon to have to tighten their belts a little. I'd add FRiends to my Family plan if it meant they saved me money AND they could be billed separately. What a great concept. Instead of just referring FRiends and having them and you both not getting anything for the referral, now you BOTH win.

I would be real interested in seeing the contract and who is actually responsible for the FRiends' bills if they themselves don't pay them though...could get REAL ugly! :icon_eek:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Oddly enough Sprint just started the "Sprint One-up" program in response to T-Mo's no contract option and now Sprint is already ditching the One-up program and moving to this Framily group plan. :popped out:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Seems like a great step in the right direction. I would call $45 a month for unlimited everything a pretty decent deal.
I already get that with Cricket. What I don't get is good customer service, but since I'm my own technician I don't need to call Cricket support for much.