sprint phone on Verizon.

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by pdaniel219, Jan 18, 2013.

1. pdaniel219

pdaniel219 New Member

Need some info if anyone can help. I know this is not a Samsung forum, but I hang out here and everyone seems really knowledgeable and helpful. I have a friend that bought a GS2 off craigslist. He's now worried that its stolen. What I'm wondering is. . . Is there any way to find out if the phone is stolen without going into the Sprint store? And, can I use that Sprint phone on Verizon? My wife needs a new phone. She has the stratosphere that's complete junk. If its not stolen and I can activate it on Verizon, I can buy it from him for $100. That's an awesome deal, and she can use that till she gets her upgrade in August. She wants the RazrM after playing with mine. Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    You can not use a sprint phone on Verizons network. They use two completely different radio systems. Only way to know if the phone is stolen is to call sprint and have them check the MEIN. Its the devices id number for the network. When you call tell them you need to know if a phone has a clean MEIN. If its not clean (stolen or the previous owner owes sprint money) the phone is worthless.

This post is Incredible 2
  3. KaChow

KaChow Guest

In terms of finding out if the phone is stolen or if it has a bad ESN, have a look at this article here to collect some ideas. With consideration to your second question, it is possible to own a Sprint phone and run it on Verizon. This of course would need to be confirmed with Verizon the make, model, serial, etc.. but Verizon uses a number of different codes which can work with Sprint as well as Verizon, I know several people that have EVO's on Verizon. If the ESN happens to be clean and make sure the prior owner disowns it from Sprint, there is a code called the "A-Key", could be Authorization Key, Authentication Key, as it goes by numerous names it is a 26 digit code that combines the ESN. When setting up service with Verizon try to write the code down if you can, it is an important key.
  4. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

You can absolutely use a Verizon phone on sprints network, but by the time you figure out how....

Return of the Android
Search tags for this page
can a sprint phone work on verizon

can i use a sprint phone on verizon

can i use sprint phone on verizon
can sprint phones work with verizon

can you use a sprint phone on verizon

do sprint phones work on verizon

does a sprint phone work with verizon
how to use sprint phone on verizon
sprint phone to verizon
sprint phone work on verizon