Sprint Fires Artillery Round at T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon with New Plan & David Beckham Commercial

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It looks like Sprint is making wise moves with the billion-dollar cash infusion by Japanese Softbank owner Masayoshi Son. Not only have they been improving their network, Sprint also just rolled out a new ultra-simple smartphone plan that offers tremendous value called "All-in Wireless." To show off this new plan, they spent some of that investment money to snag Wold Cup Soccer/Football Star David Beckham to help them out in a clever new commercial.

The commercial (shared above) is actually quite clever and funny, and really hits home that Sprint's plan is very competitive. Of course, Sprint can only dream they will get the influx of customers shown off in the commercial, but it's brilliant marketing regardless. The new "All-in Wireless" plan is very impressive too.

What do you guys think? Could this new tactic make a difference for the oft-maligned "Now Network"? If Sprint's network was solid and fast in your area of the country would you consider this offer?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
But you also get a contract for that phone you don't have to pay for every month. And you have to have solid Sprint service, which is less available than TMobiles. I don't know about single plans since my my wife and I both need a plan but on TMobile we got the $100 a month for unlimited everything. Yes, thats unlimited LTE data, not throttled. I tested it by using bitorrent all day at work for a bit. Downloaded legal stuff, just big things like linux DVD ISOs and stuff to use the data. After hitting 20 gigs I stopped because I wasn't getting throttled.

At least TMobile says up front it'll get throttled.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
In case you missed the news last week, you might do a few speed tests to see if this is still the case with your particular carrier.
T-Mobile has a new stance T-Mobile Throttling policy for unlimited customers who hit 21 GB is OK under net neutrality - FierceWireless on throttling in the wake of the FCC fining of AT&T 100 million dollars for secretly throttling its customers. Verizon hasn't officially made a statement, but the week this story broke my data speeds suddenly doubled, and in some cases tripled. (As have the speeds from a number of other Verizon users on our Galaxy forums) Here are my average speeds now.
2GSFbk6.png
I suspected my unlimited data was being throttled for the past two years, but since it didn't effect my streaming habits, it didn't really bother me.
Again, I'm not really noticing much change with streaming, because even with a steady 15mbps down connection, you shouldn't have any issue's with buffering while streaming music or video. Updating apps are almost instantaneous now with 30+ mbps speeds.
Keeping an eye out to see if Verizon makes an official statement in regards to the throttling of those users still on UDPs.

As for the OP above, here's a story I found interesting regarding the "All in" plan. (fyi....PG13 language)
Sprint Officially America s Dumbest Carrier Adds A Hard 600Kbps Video Streaming Speed Cap To Its New Unlimited Plans

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Is Sprint still using CDMA devices or have they joined the rest of the world on GSM technology?

Sent from my Note 3, using magic and TapaTalk version 2.4.15 ...

Caesars

Reaction score
I really hope Sprint can up its game, I'm a huge T-Mobile fan and growing, but we need both networks to grow and benefit the consumer.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@UltraDroid. Sadly it is still CDMA... also, @cr6 ... in that article you referenced from Android Police, if you read the whole thing, it updates itself. At the bottom Sprint publicly removed the hard limit.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yep, looks like they changed their tune last night. Interesting how quickly change can take place through social media.

S5 tap'n