SPRecovery required?

polwar

Reaction score
I just rooted my droid x this morning through ADB and I've been reading up on roms and bootloops. Is SPRecovery a necessary failsafe in case of a bootloop? I am pretty sure I still have the stock recovery. I followed birdman's technique to root and have gone into recovery since then and it doesn't look like anything has changed. So my ultimate question is.....Would I be better off installing SPRecovery even though I have rom manager?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just rooted my droid x this morning through ADB and I've been reading up on roms and bootloops. Is SPRecovery a necessary failsafe in case of a bootloop? I am pretty sure I still have the stock recovery. I followed birdman's technique to root and have gone into recovery since then and it doesn't look like anything has changed. So my ultimate question is.....Would I be better off installing SPRecovery even though I have rom manager?

this should probably be in he droid x section, this is regular droid area. if, key word if you can make a backup on the x it is always a good idea to do so.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moved to droid x hack, hoping it will get better visibility here.

1694kyle

Reaction score
However you can get a backup. If you're going to be rooting, theming, installing roms, and manual updates, backup for sure. If you haven't, I'd get a hold of the sbf file and rsdlite and have it all set up for whatever happens. Personally, I use koush's recovery ( http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/08/droid-x-recovery.html ), it's free from his site or you can support him through the market. I perfer the layout of his recovery and it's just an apk, so baisically mindless to install. Go to the link from your phone and he posted a link to the download for free. I've done all my updates, backups and themes through this and it's been pretty painless.

OP
polwar

polwar

Reaction score
I did a factory reset for other reasons and it fixed it but I wonder why it did that...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk