SPRecovery being picky

r1nstang

Reaction score
Why is SPRecovery being so picky lately? It seems like it only runs a nandroid backup when it wants to. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes...like now...it just sits there saying "attempting Nandroid Backup" the little bar is moving but the yellow progress completed bar is not showing up even the tiniest bit.

I've got the newer version. 0.99.3b or something like that. Is there a newer version im not aware of?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as I know SPR hasn't been updated since it's initial release - the old "if it's not broke don't fix it" saying applies - if you are having troubles with SPR chances are it is something else and not the recovery itself

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as I know SPR hasn't been updated since it's initial release - the old "if it's not broke don't fix it" saying applies - if you are having troubles with SPR chances are it is something else and not the recovery itself

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

Agreed. SPRecovery is the best thing going IMHO. Maybe you have an app running interfering with it? Use any task killers or virus protection?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only time I ever had issues with SPR it was actually my SD card that was the culprit and after a reformat of the card my troubles were gone -

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the first thing I would do is to reflash SPR. You can do it through several different apps or you can do it manually. Rom Manager will reflash SPR for you.

If that doesn't help, then I would simply remove and reinsert the sdcard. If that doesn't help, then I would reformat the sdcard.

Good luck.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The only time I ever had issues with SPR it was actually my SD card that was the culprit and after a reformat of the card my troubles were gone -

this. Any problems associated with SPRecovery have to do with the SD card.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
sounds good thanks fella's ill format the sdcard once i get home so i can backup the app data and such

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm late to this thread but SPR has never caused any problems for me. I believe it is the most stable recovery process available.

When you attempt to make a backup are you pressing the return key?

I have every backup I ever made with SPR (well over 50 including the virgin restore of 2.0.1). The majority of which are stored on my computer. Have you considered reducing the number of backups you have on the SD card?

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
I learned awhile ago that the more backups in the nandroid folder the pickier it gets. so i keep it down to 2 backups at a time. I meant to try flashing recovery again to see if that fixes it..but just havent had time.

I'm late to this thread but SPR has never caused any problems for me. I believe it is the most stable recovery process available.

When you attempt to make a backup are you pressing the return key?

I have every backup I ever made with SPR (well over 50 including the virgin restore of 2.0.1). The majority of which are stored on my computer. Have you considered reducing the number of backups you have on the SD card?

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
used the sprecovery reflash in ROM manager and tried running a backup. works fine now. thanks alot!