spilled water on your phone?

ShowTime

Reaction score
This whole rice debate is pointless. It's like those zicam, and the like, cold remedies. They say to take them at the first sign of cold symptoms and they reduce symptom duration and intensity... the problem is there is 0 way to legitimize the claims. If you take it and still get sick, they say yes, but it would have been worse had you not taken it. And if you take it and don't get sicker, they say it worked, when we all know sometimes you feel a little sniffly then get better not taking anything. My point being that, the people who say rice works will say, if you use rice and your phone recovers fully, it was the rice, when they very well may have reached the same result without it. And if you don't use rice and your phone remains f*ed, they say ah you should have used rice, even though the same result may have been reached with it. If you want to use rice should your phone get wet, fine. And if you want to suggest it to others and let them decide on their own, that's fine too. Just don't tout it as the end-all be-all savior for wet phones and the "only" real remedy.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This whole rice debate is pointless. It's like those zicam, and the like, cold remedies. They say to take them at the first sign of cold symptoms and they reduce symptom duration and intensity... the problem is there is 0 way to legitimize the claims. If you take it and still get sick, they say yes, but it would have been worse had you not taken it. And if you take it and don't get sicker, they say it worked, when we all know sometimes you feel a little sniffly then get better not taking anything. My point being that, the people who say rice works will say, if you use rice and your phone recovers fully, it was the rice, when they very well may have reached the same result without it. And if you don't use rice and your phone remains f*ed, they say ah you should have used rice, even though the same result may have been reached with it. If you want to sue rice should your phone get wet, fine. And if you want to suggest it to others and let them decide on their own, that's fine too. just don't tout it as the end-all be-all savior for wet phones and the "only" real remedy.

My mom swears by Zicam and I always tell her that she's crazy. Silly woman.

Griffin

Reaction score
Bottom line is to get the battery out the instant it gets wet. Then make sure it is dry before you power it on. Hair dryer, rice, silica gel, alcohol, whatever as long as it is completely dry when you power it back on. Personally I think the surround sound vents were the perfect solution. It was like holding a hair dryer on the phone on low for five days. I agree it's not totally a myth. Also cut some dry time by using the fling method. Whereby you flick the water out of your phone like you are casting a fishing line.

Great Reagan quote by the way.

Cre8fear

Reaction score
I had my droid totally submerged in water yesterday. Drowned my fourwheeler out and hopped off and my droid stayed under water for bout a minute. It went to the bootloader screen. Took the battery out and laid it in front of one those standup fan heaters. Works perfectly fine now. The droid is one tough phone.