specific email alert

sharpz

Reaction score
Is there a way to set a different ringtone when I receive a message from a particular address. I have 4 Gmail accounts attached to my phone and if i want one to make a different sound than the other, is that possible?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to set a different ringtone when I receive a message from a particular address. I have 4 Gmail accounts attached to my phone and if i want one to make a different sound than the other, is that possible?

I only belive you can do 1 email notification... and thats through settings in gmail. Sorry for not being much help. I looked.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow, 4 gmail accounts.

I think it would be one notification, unless you get 3 other separate email apps.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, 4 gmail accounts.

I think it would be one notification, unless you get 3 other separate email apps.

Thats exactly what i was thinking...maybe he could sneak an account on the other email app, but that would only be two, and im not even sure if you can put gmail accounts on the "email" app.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow, 4 gmail accounts.

Thats exactly what i was thinking...maybe he could sneak an account on the other email app, but that would only be two, and im not even sure if you can put gmail accounts on the "email" app.

No idea , but that seems to be his only solution. 4 different email apps.

I only use gmail and yahoo, so i got those two covered by specific apps themselves already, never tried anything like K9.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP would need an app that supports multiple accounts, notifications per account and gmail. K9 might cover all this but I'm not familiar with it.

OP
S

sharpz

Reaction score
google apps

All my companies use Google Apps, so it's all gmail. They sync nicely with my phone which is why I do it that way.

I see if you go to settings you can select a ringtone, but I can't figure out how to get a custom ringtone into the possible choices for email alerts. Any idea how?

Gritwater

Reaction score
This is simple...yes you can set up different gmail accounts with different ringtones.

I have 3.
Work- aol "you've got mail"
Personal- compuserve ''you have mail''
Ref- thx intro theme

All are gmails.

Go to a particular gmail, hit settings notifications
Do it for each
Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

c28cat

Reaction score
i just got an evo 3d phone and cannot get my email set up on it, it is a compuserve email and sprint does not seem able to help me. does anyone have help so that i can set my email address up on the phone