double email alerts

aftondroid

Reaction score
hi peeps........when i get email alerts on my eris droid they come to my drone in double..............one alert has the @ sign and the other has a envelope icon.......if i open either and check them as read.........the other icon is still there a a alert.......both alerts takes me to a email interface but they are different............one loks like a gmail interface and the other looks like the htc interface...................
please help...........hope this is understandable.......

thanks

aftondroid

Last edited:

thelion

Reaction score
I had this issue. When you set up your Droid, you set up your email under the Gmail icon. If you then ALSO set up the "email" icon for that same email, you get double notifications. Delete the account under the "email" icon (NOT the gmail icon) and it will stop.

This is, of course, if it is a gmail email.

OP
A

aftondroid

Reaction score
Thanks.......i deleted the account under the email icon in applications........not the gmail icon........that caused my gmail account to be deleted................so i added an account under the gmail icon as imap.........and now both mail and gmail icons take me to my mail ...what am i doing wrong...........thanks again

aftondroid

unless i can find a soultion,,,,,,,,i"ve turned off the alerts for the mail account so i don't get double alerts on the one account..............regards......aftondroid

Last edited:

ffemt1974

Reaction score
I recently purchased my droid 2 and set everything up on it. I downloaded the Yahoo email app. Using the Yahoo app is a bit different than using the email app on the droid. The problem is now everytime I receive an email I get 2 alerts for the same email. Anyone know how to change that?

pax

Reaction score
Go into you text messaging widget, then go into your settings and turn off your sms and mms notifications. I have chomp sms and had to turn off everything in the regular messaging app to stop getting the double posts and alerts. Its a great app to have so make sure you check it out. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App