1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

double email alerts

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by aftondroid, Nov 27, 2009.

1. aftondroid

aftondroid New Member

hi peeps........when i get email alerts on my eris droid they come to my drone in double..............one alert has the @ sign and the other has a envelope icon.......if i open either and check them as read.........the other icon is still there a a alert.......both alerts takes me to a email interface but they are different............one loks like a gmail interface and the other looks like the htc interface...................
    please help...........hope this is understandable.......

thanks

aftondroid
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. thelion

thelion New Member

I had this issue. When you set up your Droid, you set up your email under the Gmail icon. If you then ALSO set up the "email" icon for that same email, you get double notifications. Delete the account under the "email" icon (NOT the gmail icon) and it will stop.

This is, of course, if it is a gmail email.
  3. aftondroid

aftondroid New Member

Thanks.......i deleted the account under the email icon in applications........not the gmail icon........that caused my gmail account to be deleted................so i added an account under the gmail icon as imap.........and now both mail and gmail icons take me to my mail ...what am i doing wrong...........thanks again

aftondroid

unless i can find a soultion,,,,,,,,i"ve turned off the alerts for the mail account so i don't get double alerts on the one account..............regards......aftondroid
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009