Droid isn't showing other Email Notifications? =/ Confused

TheCyclist

Reaction score
I have two other non-gmail accounts linked to my phone to sync/push every 5 minutes and I never get an alert for when new ones come in, but when I go to the app and look they all pop up.
Am I doing something wrong?

Please help, these are university emails and business emails. They are kinda important =/

Thanks for reading.

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
Bump? I've searched some but haven't found a direct answer. Sorry.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What are you using for the other 2 email accounts?

Silver Member
Reaction score
stop using the default email client.

griz8791

Reaction score
Not exactly the answer you are looking for, but I'll offer it anyway in case it helps.

I am using K9 as my e-mail client, together with the third-party "Email Popup" app for it. One of those two apps -- don't know which one -- has caused my LED to flash MAGENTA when I get new e-mails. The funny thing about this is, I can't find any settings in either of these apps to specify the color of the LED flash, but if I could have found such a setting, magenta is what I would have chosen.

I use Handcent for text messages. It does allow me to specify the LED color and I have chosen BLUE for new texts.

And finally, G-mail continues to flash the default GREEN.

I suppose I am probably over-rating the gee-whiz factor of having the LED flash different colors for different kinds of messages but this way I know what app to open to get the latest incoming message.

I would think that if you installed a new e-mail client like K9 or Touchdown you would be back to a flashing LED for new emails.