1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid isn't showing other Email Notifications? =/ Confused

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by TheCyclist, Jan 4, 2010.

1. TheCyclist

TheCyclist New Member

I have two other non-gmail accounts linked to my phone to sync/push every 5 minutes and I never get an alert for when new ones come in, but when I go to the app and look they all pop up.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Please help, these are university emails and business emails. They are kinda important =/

Thanks for reading.
  2. TheCyclist

TheCyclist New Member

Bump? I've searched some but haven't found a direct answer. Sorry.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

What are you using for the other 2 email accounts?
  4. 640k

640k New Member

stop using the default email client.
  5. griz8791

griz8791 New Member

Not exactly the answer you are looking for, but I'll offer it anyway in case it helps.

I am using K9 as my e-mail client, together with the third-party "Email Popup" app for it. One of those two apps -- don't know which one -- has caused my LED to flash MAGENTA when I get new e-mails. The funny thing about this is, I can't find any settings in either of these apps to specify the color of the LED flash, but if I could have found such a setting, magenta is what I would have chosen.

I use Handcent for text messages. It does allow me to specify the LED color and I have chosen BLUE for new texts.

And finally, G-mail continues to flash the default GREEN.

I suppose I am probably over-rating the gee-whiz factor of having the LED flash different colors for different kinds of messages but this way I know what app to open to get the latest incoming message.

I would think that if you installed a new e-mail client like K9 or Touchdown you would be back to a flashing LED for new emails.
  6. takeshi

takeshi New Member

FYI -- push accounts push as needed. Polling intervals are only applicable to pull accounts.
Search tags for this page

android isn't alerting me when i get a new email

email isn't showing as a thread

my android phone isnt not alerting me of an email

showing email notification on android

why isn't my sent mail showing on android

why isnt droid showing mail