1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email Notifier

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mishmatta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. mishmatta

mishmatta New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to droid. I came from a blackberry.

I have the phone ALMOST set up exactly how I would like it to be.....except email notifications.

I have 5 email accounts (1 gmail - primary, and 4 other non-gmail accounts). I have been using k-9 email and like it over the built in email, primarily because I use more than gmail. If I were just a gmail user, I'd probably be happy with the built in gmail app and gmail notifier.

I downloaded "e-mail notifier" so that I could get reminder notifications that I have received new email.

The desired response I'm looking for is a new email icon/sound/LED when email comes in, and a distinct ringtone for each email account. And I want this action to be repeated until I look at the email.

In k-9 mail, I have each account configured to play its own sound. k-9 also has options to blink the LED and display new mail notifications. All work EXCEPT gmail. I am not notified at all when new gmail comes in. None of the alerts remind me more than the initial notification though. That's where e-mail notifier comes in.

In E-mail notifier, it appears I can only use it fo gmail, although when downloading it, it said it works for ALL k-9 mail accounts, and was why I downloaded it in the first place. I have email notifier set up to enable email notifications, and remind me of missed notifications with sound. But I can only choose "Gmail" under accounts. None of the other accounts show up.

Whether email notifier is enabled or disabled, I am NOT getting notified of ANY gmail messages, and I am not getting reminded of my other emails more than the initial noficiation.

Does anyone have any input on getting this to work? I can't possibly be the only person using more than gmail who would like to be notified of emails?

Thanks so much!
  2. mishmatta

mishmatta New Member

I have the Droid 2. As far as I can tell, it is not built in.
Search tags for this page
android email reminder

gmail notifier droid

how to enable android phone to notify when gmail is received
mail notifier s4
what do all the email notifiers look like galaxy s3