Special Post on How to Make Progress with the Alleged Low Volume Speaker Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbmustang69

Reaction score
My only problem with the speaker is when i use it as a alarm. I have the belt clip so i hear calls and text.

OP
D

Droidxer10

Reaction score
UpToDate on the Droid X low volume/speaker problem,with most relevant & updated links

There are already several main forum threads for reporting and documenting experiences with the Droid X low volume/speaker problem. Here are two of them:

1) Droid X Speaker Volume

2) Volume issue on new Droid X - Verizon Wireless Community

Also, here are two informative posts about the matter:
3) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post669676

4) Special Post on How to Make Progress with the Alleged Low Volume Speaker Problem

One of the links at (4) above (which is the original post of this thread in/from which you are reading) it out of date. So please use and follow the links at (1) and (2) above. Also, please pay special attention to the information in reply (3) above . It is reprinted here:

Please listen up regarding this issue:

1) This is a batch by batch, and/or a unit by unit, issue/problem. Some Droid X batches/units have the problem and some do not.

2) Verizon tech support does not care about forum postings by consumers, including those posted on their own forums.

3) The only way to get this problem solved is by calling Verizon and/or Motorola tech support and documenting this problem with them.

4) Roughly, Verizon does not do anything but maintain their network and sell phones. If there is going to be a fix, it will come from Motorola at the request of Verizon (if Verizon receives and documents a sufficient number of customers reporting the problem/issue).

5) Whether this is hardware or a firmware problem, and whether it only affects certain Droid X batches/units, a firmware update that increases the volume potential on all Droid X units will either solve or help the problem.

6) Verizon will go ahead with (5) above if enough people convince their tech support people that there is a serious issue/problem with the volume of the speakerphones on many Droid X batches/units, which appears to be the case from all the postings on all the forums.

So please call Verizon (and/or Motorola) if you experience this problem with your Droid X. Follow their instructions. If the problem persists, clearly and repeatedly tell them so: tell them so clearly and repeatedly, but politely and civilly.

Some people are beginning to report that some Verizon tech support people "know about" the problem. Nonetheless, many Verizon tech support people are still saying that they know of no such issue/problem and that Verizon does not officially acknowledge the problem, and that they have no knowledge of anyone working on a fix for this problem. So, please, call in those reports, get the problem documented, and so on!

Hope everyone is otherwise enjoying their Droid Xs.

djmirage

Reaction score
I acme from a BB Storm where the speaker volume was MUCH louder. Hopefully they will get enough people calling and complaining abotu this so that they will fix it. But yes it has to be many people calling and complaining. So everyone, please follow the tips suggested here and let verizon and Moto know your issue!

webby

Reaction score
The volume on my Droid X is way way lower than it was on my Droid1, and it is a real problem. I am thinking seriously about returning the phone.

bill11222

Reaction score
alert volume

called verizon tech support. first the tech said she has a droid x and she does not have this issue. second she said the 2.2 froyo update "might" correct this issue. i hope this is a verizon scripted response that gives a "wink wink" acknowledgment to this issue as well as a help is on the way,

cleassan

Reaction score
I just called a few minutes ago, and the person I spoke to says it's a known issue as of a couple of days ago, and they (Motorola? Verizon? not sure) are working on a fix that will be pushed out shortly. She couldn't tell me when, though.

hoary2001

Reaction score
Droid X Volume

There was one time I could BARELY hear my droid X, I had some music playing, the ringer was also really low even on max. I figured it was trying to play it through the 3.5mm headphone jack. I just plugged my headphones in for a few seconds then took them out. Fixed this issue.

That's interesting because I had a similar issue where the phone thought my headphones were connected when they weren't. I had been using headphones on and off and suddenly no sound from the speaker. The Media Audio Effects said the "Wired Stereo Devices" was "connected" when no earphones were plugged in. It wasn't until I was driving home trying to use speaker navigation that the speaker suddenly started working again and the status reported correctly (Phone Speaker connected). Haven't had this issue since.

Other than that, except for during in car navigation, I'm one who is satisfied with the volume, particularly when cupping in my hand or resting on a hard surface. I must have a "working" one.

OP
D

Droidxer10

Reaction score
Complaints about the Droid X low volume bad speaker problem from around the internet

Here are links to some of the many complaints about the Droid X low volume speaker problem:

From the Mototola Owner's Forum:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/32604?start=30&tstart=0

From the Google Code Android Website:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9849

From Droidforums:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/66107-low-ring-volume.html

From Verizon wireless community forum:
http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/alarm-volume-so-low/td-p/242755

From Droidxforums:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/2390-droid-x-volume-bug-verizon-motorola-should-aknowledge-resolve-issue.html

From Mydroidworld forum:
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/3777-droid-x-sound-volume-issues.html

And, of course, some longer threads (which people with the volume problem should add a reply to):
from Verizon wireless community forum:
http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Volume-issue-on-new-Droid-X/td-p/227520

and from droidforums:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/59913-droid-x-speaker-volume.html

There are many, many more. If you too experience the Droid X low volume speaker problem, please report it both to Verizon and Motorola tech support, and also as a reply to any of the above forum threads, especially the last two.

ctfd114

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with the location of the speaker. When you have the phone sitting on a flat surface "screen up" the speaker area is at the bottom of the phone and pressed flat against the surface it's resting on. Even when I have the phone volume turned to max, the ringer is very soft when it's resting as I described above. However, when I pick it up off of the surface and the speaker is then exposed... the volume blows me out! So I'm not experiencing speaker issues... rather design issues that put the speaker in a bad location for when the phone is lying on a surface. THoughts?

It blows you out? Are you serious? Do you have sensitive ears? I havent heard one single person with a droid x that was satisfied with the speaker volume on the phone. I think you are over exagerating.... Id love to see this phone and compare it to mine.....My original droid, the volume on that phone was awesome...but not the droid x. Im very dissatisfied.....

liferefugee

Reaction score
hmm I find my speaker is a little louder when laid on its back on a hard surface... but not by much.

Dxun

Reaction score
No way these phones are as loud as the Droid1. I do think after rooting and installing 2.2 the volume has increased quite a bit. Maybe I just got used to the lower volume? Hard to tell at this point, but i would never return this phone for my old Droid under any circumstances.

ctfd114

Reaction score
No way these phones are as loud as the Droid1. I do think after rooting and installing 2.2 the volume has increased quite a bit. Maybe I just got used to the lower volume? Hard to tell at this point, but i would never return this phone for my old Droid under any circumstances.

Where did u get this software???????????? no one seems to know... I want to see if it is louder...

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Where did u get this software???????????? no one seems to know... I want to see if it is louder...

i cant tell if ur joking or not lol if not...go to menu>about phone>system updates...2.2 is ready and being pulled/pushed to droid x :icon_ banana:
btw its not louder...IMO...at all actually. anyone else?

ctfd114

Reaction score

i cant tell if ur joking or not lol if not...go to menu>about phone>system updates...2.2 is ready and being pulled/pushed to droid x :icon_ banana:
btw its not louder...IMO...at all actually. anyone else?

no seriously i wanted to know. i want to see if it fixes it. mine just said 2.3. and some other numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.