something wrong with the T key

djonson1

Reaction score
when typing a text or email, sometimes when i hit the T key, the screen jumps to the google search screen and i loose the text or email. is there something i could turn off to avoid this?

mystery252

Reaction score
Have you done a battery pull? Mine has done it a few times and a battery pull usually fixes 95% of problems.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

FMINUS

Reaction score
Yep i get this too. Battery pull

OP
D

djonson1

Reaction score
yes, i have pulled the battery, but it comes right back. could it be the circuitry?

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Is your double tap home set to search? You may be tapping the home key while typing the letter.

OP
D

djonson1

Reaction score
double tap on the home key brings you to texts. definetely not hitting soft keys while typing.

Vertigo963

Reaction score
Yes, this definitely happens to me. I'm typing in an application somewhere and Google Search comes up. I can tell it's "T" because I'm often typing "the" and end up with a search for "he."

There's lots of small threads about this on the internet, but no solution that I've found. It's a real annoyance.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Its happening because you are hitting the home key when typing the T. As soon as you hit it, the device goes to the home screen, but since you are still typing, the "he" that you're seeing is the input into the instant search from the home screen. When on a home screen and you start typing, it instantly hits the universal search.

So, you never even see the home screen because it is instantly hitting the instant search as soon as you type the next letter.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

google123

Reaction score
Its happening because you are hitting the home key when typing the T. As soon as you hit it, the device goes to the home screen, but since you are still typing, the "he" that you're seeing is the input into the instant search from the home screen. When on a home screen and you start typing, it instantly hits the universal search.

So, you never even see the home screen because it is instantly hitting the instant search as soon as you type the next letter.

^^ Speaks truths =)

kjjb0204

Reaction score
This still happens to me, but much less now that I've adapted. Still can't type as fast as on my bb, a bold 9650. If they could take that bb keyboard and graft it onto this droid pro, I may actually keep a device for longer than 8 months.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Another one for KBB's post you are hitting the home key instead and when you keep typing it automatically brings up the search box. Just gotta watch the fat fingers and you will be good.