just switched from bb tour to droid pro. im so confused right now. please help

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
To be clear, the Pro can search through contacts when typing on the keyboard.

Go to Settings>Search>Searchable items. Then check and uncheck what you want. If you check contacts, it will include your contacts in the search criteria.

What sucks is that it doesn't allow you to just type in a number, like the Blackberries and Treos do. This is one of the features I miss from my Treo, and I really wish a developer would write an application or a system modification to allow for this.

I also miss the mute switch on top from my Treo. Having to press the top button to unlock the phone is slightly annoying, too.

OP
J

johnpalley

Reaction score
these devices are a phone first and everything else second. dont forget that. if the call quality isnt good than anything else the device does doesnt really matter to me. you must not be able to read but i said after i made a call on the speaker phone i decided i cant keep it. if the speaker was as good as the tour than i would definitely keep the pro. i also need a qwerty keyboard thats easy to type on thats why i got a blackberry in the first place.

Freak4Dell, thanks, i knew there had to be a way to search contacts from the keyboard, thats big and makes things alot easier. i decided that even though il prob return the pro im still gonna use it for a few weeks cause i got 30 days to return it. its just this damn speaker phone!

is there any way to put more bass on the speaker? the treble seems real high and high pitched

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For music? I use PowerAmp.

DroidForums junkie!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Next person who insults somebody gets a 30 day vacation. No name calling by either parties is acceptable.

OP
J

johnpalley

Reaction score
Next person who insults somebody gets a 30 day vacation. No name calling by either parties is acceptable.

im new to these forums and i didnt think it was that serious. sorry, wont happen again

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

im new to these forums and i didnt think it was that serious. sorry, wont happen again

You just reacted to something else somebody said. Point is that we just don't do that here, if somebody insults you report the post and let us handle it.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Just made 4 phone calls to my office, 2 using my Pro, 2 using my wife's old Tour. (I did this because I haven't seen any problem with my speakerphone so I wanted to see if there was).

Albeit the Pro is not as loud as the Tour can get, there is no difference in quality on my end, however my employee said there was a HUGE difference in quality on their end. Their conclusion was the Pro was much better than the Tour. I made 2 calls with each to rule out bad reception. If what you're hearing sounds like a blown speaker, it may be just that. Play some music at full volume and make sure you're not hearing and sputtering or crackling. It may just be in the speaker.

OP
J

johnpalley

Reaction score
Just made 4 phone calls to my office, 2 using my Pro, 2 using my wife's old Tour. (I did this because I haven't seen any problem with my speakerphone so I wanted to see if there was).

Albeit the Pro is not as loud as the Tour can get, there is no difference in quality on my end, however my employee said there was a HUGE difference in quality on their end. Their conclusion was the Pro was much better than the Tour. I made 2 calls with each to rule out bad reception. If what you're hearing sounds like a blown speaker, it may be just that. Play some music at full volume and make sure you're not hearing and sputtering or crackling. It may just be in the speaker.

i totally agree. i just need to figure out a way to make the speaker louder. im still trying to figure out if poweramp can do this. i did also kind of notice that the treble seems higher than normal and could use some adjusting but i dont know if theres a setting to do this either

hypergirl

Reaction score
Hi,
I am also a BB user in my 30-Day trial period with a Droid 2 Global, and I agree with johnpalley that the speakerphone volume on the droid seems to be lower than with a BB.
How does Power Amp improve droid speakerphone volume?:)
thanks.

OP
J

johnpalley

Reaction score
Hi,
I am also a BB user in my 30-Day trial period with a Droid 2 Global, and I agree with johnpalley that the speakerphone volume on the droid seems to be lower than with a BB.
How does Power Amp improve droid speakerphone volume?:)
thanks.

i hear you. ive had $80 dollar nextel phones in the past that have a much better and much louder speakerphone than the droid pro. and the pro costs $500! i dont know whats up with motorola but that makes no sense.