Physical Keyboard problem

melissabrooke

Reaction score
Lately, when I press a key on the physical keyboard it will put two of the same letter, so a message that's supposed to read:
'Hello, how are you?' would instead read something like:
'Heellloo, hooww aarre yoou?'
I'm getting very frustrated with this. I have tried typing slower, faster, hitting the keys with less pressure, hitting the keys quicker, nothing seems to fix it. It does not happen for every letter, but it happens often enough.
Is there a way to fix this?

hotkoko

Reaction score
No way to fix. Just one of the Droid glitches. Happens to me only sometimes. Seems like every android phone ALWAYS has something wrong with it

Sent from my DROID PRO

UWSkier

Reaction score
what happens to me is in certain fields, I'll be typing something and it'll sortof do an auto copy-paste. For instance, typing:

Hello will look like HelHello

Particularly a problem with Google Translate. PITA...

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Lately, when I press a key on the physical keyboard it will put two of the same letter, so a message that's supposed to read:
'Hello, how are you?' would instead read something like:
'Heellloo, hooww aarre yoou?'
I'm getting very frustrated with this. I have tried typing slower, faster, hitting the keys with less pressure, hitting the keys quicker, nothing seems to fix it. It does not happen for every letter, but it happens often enough.
Is there a way to fix this?

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but there is an app called SwiftKey that from all reports is pretty good. There is a free version on the market and it works very well with a physical keyboard as well as a virtual keyboard.

Langs520

Reaction score
I'm having the opposite problem - the T,Y,U, & M keys seem to have stopped working altogether. Anybody else seeing this, or have any idea what I can do?

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I'm having the opposite problem - the T,Y,U, & M keys seem to have stopped working altogether. Anybody else seeing this, or have any idea what I can do?

Try pulling the battery while it's on.

Langs520

Reaction score
I definitely tried that. I've done just about everything I can think of, including battery pulls, soft & hard resets, etc. The only thing I haven't tried is throwing the thing against the wall... which I forsee being one of the next couple steps!

Langs520

Reaction score
Actually, I was just looking up how to do that - if you're referring to the reset not done from the settings menu, that is.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Do you mean flashing the sbf? Could try that also, but I was originally referring to the factory reset in the settings menu.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Langs520

Reaction score
Yes, I'm trying to go the sbf route. I already reset from settings, & with the M key being one of the ones that crapped out, I can't go the Pow+R+M route.

Grindio

Reaction score
Yes, I'm trying to go the sbf route. I already reset from settings, & with the M key being one of the ones that crapped out, I can't go the Pow+R+M route.

Thanks for sharing that im being needed.to.find. a way to added recovery. I have same.problem.with keys but.mine are different H,Z,U,del,search (that's why I can't acres recovery to don't abc just boot loader) . I sent my Motorola elsie center in McAllen Texas for repair, they said that that will replace thekeyboard,they doesn't just" fixed" it so when I got it back it armed for a while but then I give it a guy to fully flashed to cricket then when it gave it back it they didn't work anymore. I did an full sbf n fully flashed myself after learning through the amazing forums. Everything.works except those physical keys, I wonder if someone in this forum would be kind enough.to help us inthis.one. o don't.like typing in my digital keyboard as u canl see.