Some "Themes" harder on Battery than others?

MuGGzy

Reaction score
When I went to liberty I was psyched about the extended battery life I suddenly got. I decided to try a certain Black/Wht oriented theme that many seemed to really enjoy and also enjoyed it.
I recently decided to try a different theme that revolved around allot of bright neon blue stuff and I have noticed that my battery life has started to suck down VERY fast.
So, since I am not wanting to throw any of the awesome ROM/Theme coders under a bus so I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of thing just from one theme to another without a change to the underlying ROM itself?

I have noticed that with this theme there are several more processes running than I had before but maybe I just didn't pay attention before...

Input welcomed and requested and thanks in advance!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Normally it should have no impact unless the theme contains some sort of tweaking, which I have never seen one include. Unless the theme included a bogus app with a memory leak or something, it shouldn't change anything performance wise. Which two themes are you comparing, I don't think anyone is going to mind hearing the names.

jack902902

Reaction score
Wipe cache, fix permissions, zipalign, is a good start when ever u flash new roms.

Now for the battery, the same reason I tell u to fix perm, wipe cache, zipalign, is that old settings and battery stats carry over, like residual effects of the ex gf or bf, lol.

Search on these forums on how to wipe battery stats and calibrating.

I use bootstrap>advanced>wipe battery stats

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

falseprofits

Reaction score
When you flash a theme you'll want to re-zipalign. That will probably make a huge difference.

Open terminal emulator and type "zipalign_apks" with not quotes of course.

You can also run "fixperms" from terminal emulator as well to fix permissions, though I can't see as why that would help battery life.

Sent from Eugene. Yes, my phone has a name.

OP
M

MuGGzy

Reaction score
I have Liberty 2.0.1 and I had put the Oreo Slice Theme on and it was sweet, I decided to try the "Epic Blue" theme.
I cleared all the cache and such before installing it and just did it again from clockwork bootstrapper, I fixed permissions too. For some reason, under term emul it won't run zipalign_apks even though roottools specifically lists it as an option to run. I must be doing something wrong.

Last edited:

falseprofits

Reaction score
Wipe cache, fix permissions, zipalign, is a good start when ever u flash new roms.

Now for the battery, the same reason I tell u to fix perm, wipe cache, zipalign, is that old settings and battery stats carry over, like residual effects of the ex gf or bf, lol.

And all wiping battery stats does is help your phone read battery levels more accurtately so if your phone says its at 60%, it is actually at 60%.

jack902902

Reaction score

And all wiping battery stats does is help your phone read battery levels more accurtately so if your phone says its at 60%, it is actually at 60%.

So you're telling me that we know for a fact that his battery is already reading correctly?

jack902902

Reaction score
When you flash a theme you'll want to re-zipalign. That will probably make a huge difference.

Open terminal emulator and type "zipalign_apks" with not quotes of course.

You can also run "fixperms" from terminal emulator as well to fix permissions, though I can't see as why that would help battery life.

Thanks for elaborating on what I already mentioned

jack902902

Reaction score
I have Liberty 2.0.1 and I had put the Oreo Slice Theme on and it was sweet, I decided to try the "Epic Blue" theme.
I cleared all the cache and such before installing it and just did it again from clockwork bootstrapper, I fixed permissions too. For some reason, under term emul it won't run zipalign_apks even though roottools specifically lists it as an option to run. I must be doing something wrong.

Have u tried doing this in liberty toolbox?

OP
M

MuGGzy

Reaction score

Have u tried doing this in liberty toolbox?

Oh nope, I was using the stock liberty Terminal Emulator.. trying TB now :)

How long does it take usually, I just have a "Processing" status box and have for over 10 mins...

Last edited:

jack902902

Reaction score
It's taken quite a few minuets for me.
I know it is a bug on GB Liberty that it will just run and never finish.
But, on Froyo Liberty 2.0.1 it should work. I've done it before successfully.

If TB doesn't work, try reinstalling Root Tools and try again on terminal emulator.

Last edited:

jack902902

Reaction score
can you wipe battery stats anytime, or should you do a data wipe along with it?

Just battery stats.

Ill tell u what I do, but feel free to do a search here and find a proper write up. I am still learning, myself.

U charge your phone to 100% when the phone is on.
Unplug and turn off.

Charge again while off.
Make sure it says 100%, then power on.
Keep plugged in.

Reboot in recovery and wipe batt stats.
Unplug charger and reboot.

First use let the phone die completely, then recharge to 100%.

That should give you new stats.
You're now free to use and charge however u want.

That is what I do anyway, and it seems to work nice.

Last edited:

Dullawolf

Reaction score
can you wipe battery stats anytime, or should you do a data wipe along with it?

Just battery stats.

Ill tell u what I do, but feel free to do a search here and find a proper write up. I am still learning, myself.

U charge your phone to 100% when the phone is on.
Unplug and turn off.

Charge again while off.
Make sure it says 100%, then power on.
Keep plugged in.

Reboot in recovery and wipe batt stats.
Unplug charger and reboot.

First use let the phone die completely, then recharge to 100%.

That should give you new stats.
You're now free to use and charge however u want.

That is what I do anyway, and it seems to work nice.

thank you. my phone is charging right meow. I am definitly going to try that. My battery life is terrible right meow. hopefully that fixes it.