[Solved] How to get rid of visual voice mail app

dbronstein

Reaction score
I just got a Note 4 and that stupid visual voice mail app is driving me crazy. Is there any way to get rid of it? All the instructions I can find about it are all outdated and don't work.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That it announces and offers to read, perhaps? Just speculating... ;)

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
I just don't want to use it, period. When I get a voice mail, I pull down the notifications, hit the VM notification and it brings up visual voice mail. I want to hit the VM notificaiton and just have it dial *86 and go to my voicemail. I want to completely remove it or disable it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here's your answer...

How do i turn off my visual voicemail? | Verizon Wireless Community

This IS the correct instructions for Verizon and Android. This is incorrect for an iPhone but that's of no concern here.

Some further information here:

How to disable visual voicemail and use only ba... | Verizon Wireless Community

Log into myverizon, on the left hand side go to my verizon portion once you log in. On your left go to "Block Services", under purchases go to "Block Visual

Voicemail". Do this for the "Premium Visual Voicemail" as well. Then go through the next few prompts. Click accept and make sure the changes were applied. Now restart your device. Try to receive a VM now,worked great for my S6.​

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
Here's your answer...

How do i turn off my visual voicemail? | Verizon Wireless Community

This IS the correct instructions for Verizon and Android. This is incorrect for an iPhone but that's of no concern here.

Some further information here:

How to disable visual voicemail and use only ba... | Verizon Wireless Community

Log into myverizon, on the left hand side go to my verizon portion once you log in. On your left go to "Block Services", under purchases go to "Block Visual

Voicemail". Do this for the "Premium Visual Voicemail" as well. Then go through the next few prompts. Click accept and make sure the changes were applied. Now restart your device. Try to receive a VM now,worked great for my S6.​

Thank you, that worked. The stupid thing is on the myverizon screen where you go to purchase it, it shows that it's not compatible for my line.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So glad it worked for you. Thanks for giving us the chance to help you. Looks like I also got to give you your first "like"!! ;)

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I purchased my Note4 in Dec., mine did exactly what yours did, and it ticked me off. I wanted things to be like they were.
I called Vzw and they disabled it, but also explained how it works, and that the Basic visual voicemail service is free.
I had them turn it on for the fun of trying it, and I would never go back to dial in voice mail. It is awesome!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk