Annoying Visual Voice Mail Prompt

lgbalfa

Reaction score
Every time someone leaves me a voice mail I get an annoying "set up your Visual Voice Mail" prompt. I don't want Visual Voice Mail. Once the prompt comes up, there is no way to dismiss it, and the "back" button doesn't work. I have to continue like I'm going to install it then reject the licensing agreement. I don't see it in the app list to disable. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just set it up. It doesn't cost anything on the Turbo like it still does on some phones. This is a feature Apple had first and one of the only ones I was always jealous of. I was never willing to pay for it. I LOVE VVM.
But if you don't (do you know what it is?) just set it up. You don't have to ever use it, you can still check VMail the old fashioned way. :D Y'know, the old 2011 way. lolol

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Basic visual voicemail is free to all I believe. You get a trial of the transcription service, then that expires & you can still listen to your voice mails without having to call, but won't see it translated to text.

I stopped using Google voice & started using it. Works as advertised & saves a couple steps for checking voicemail.

Sent from my Note 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
There was a $2.99/mo charge for the RAZR HD for basic. Maybe VZW's exclusive deal ran out with Apple and it's free for all now?

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
i tried it and don't like it.

i am just looking for advice on my original question in how to remove the notification to constantly sign up.

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
i don't want to sign up for it. if you sign up for it, it eliminates the time / day / stamp.

also, you cannot disable it from the apps, it's not an option.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
i don't want to sign up for it. if you sign up for it, it eliminates the time / day / stamp.

also, you cannot disable it from the apps, it's not an option.
0fb27720adb835f0de8fa3ecba9a1229.jpg
. Mine has day/ time stamp.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

It does no such thing. It has no effect on your "regular old press and hold #1 to call your voice mail" which is what I think he means, Ava.

I just called my Voicemail the old fashioned way. BARBARIC!!!! And yes, it's fully timestamped.

It's a fantastic app. I don't know how anyone can prefer dialing and pressing buttons over choosing which VM you want to hear from a list. The ONLY reason I can think of why someone wouldn't want that is security: you don't need to enter a pin.

To each his own. But trust us... we are Android Pros. This is how to get rid of the prompt.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just called my Voicemail the old fashioned way. BARBARIC!!!!
How'd you even remember to do that!? I used GV for years for my voicemail and, like I said, switched to the free basic app from VZW recently. I'm not sure I could tell you my PIN if my life depended on it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I used to use that old method on my last phone, so it hasn't been that ong for me.
I was so excited to get VMM on the Turbo. Didn't even know it was standard when I get the Turbo. That was a joyous discovery.
I have a Google #...never once used it.
And if I live to be 100 I cannot forget the pin. I just type my name on the letters of the keypad. ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I used to use that old method on my last phone, so it hasn't been that ong for me.
I was so excited to get VMM on the Turbo. Didn't even know it was standard when I get the Turbo. That was a joyous discovery.
I have a Google #...never once used it.
And if I live to be 100 I cannot forget the pin. I just type my name on the letters of the keypad. ;)
Actually, I lied. I'm pretty sure mine's the last 4 digits of the phone number I grew up with.

And I almost never use the GV number, but I set my phone to forward to the GV mailbox and transcribe in the app as soon as it was possible. Kinda convoluted the way you have to do it nowadays on VZW though.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not a fan. I used YouMail for a little while just to try it out. It worked ok until it stopped transcribing my voicemails altogether. Nothing I tried would fix it so I uninstalled it and my regular voicemail has never been the same. I get calls that don't ring through but go straight to vm, and voicemails but no notifications. I've been putting off an FDR for a couple months now, but will probably bite the bullet this wknd after my SO tried calling me earlier today and it went straight to VM. All I want is my regular vm back. I can see how it might come in handy if you received a ton of vm each day but I don't get enough to begin with to warrant a vvm app. And the ones I do get, I'd rather hear that person's voice than read a text of what they said. The whole idea of Google giving you a completely new phone number which you then forward your number too is ridiculous imo, but then that could be their way of not completely trashing your normal vm the way YouMail did with mine. Different strokes I guess.

S5 tap'n

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Lol. That was my crazy friend from high school.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk