Software update fail.

dabootsan

Reaction score
I took the phone out of "root" to download and apply the update that is available. I keep getting the message that the install failed. Anyone else have this issue?

rotordroid

Reaction score
Do you have Safestrap installed? any alternate recovery tool will cause a failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I took the phone out of "root" to download and apply the update that is available. I keep getting the message that the install failed. Anyone else have this issue?
You must return your phone to stock to successfully receive and install an OTA update. Just un-rooting your phone is not enough if you have frozen, moved or deleted any apps that came with your phone (this does not include apps that you were able to uninstall without the aid of a 3rd party app like Titanium Backup). To successfully receive the OTA update once rooted you must unfreeze any app/process that you have frozen, replace any apk that you have moved or deleted (exception above), uninstall safestrap or bootstrap and then un-root your phone. You can use Voodoo Rootkeeper to temporarily unroot your phone and receive the update, but you must still unfreeze/replace any stock apps.