1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Soft bricked my Droid 2 I think?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by blueflame878, Jan 30, 2011.

1. blueflame878

blueflame878 New Member

This morning I rooted my Droid 2 just fine and played around with it a little. I was in rom manager playing around and I went to download Roms or something like that and there was something under "fun" that I downloaded. After it restarted i got a blank screen with my backlight on. Any time I pull the battery out or do a hard restart I get the same thing. I tried recover (Power & X) And there is the little droid guy with an exclimation mark above his head and it wont go any farther than this. I also tried boot recovery so I could flash it to default settings but now my computer isnt recognizing my phone at all. My phone says "Transfer mode: USB" like its connected but the computer doesnt see it. I have downloaded the drivers a few times but nothing. Should I just run it over and tell verizon I had a horrible accident and lose the $90, or is there something I'm missing here. Please help guys. :)
  2. bmxmster

bmxmster New Member

after the Droid! sign in recovery press the search button on the slide keyboard and it will give you options use the volume up/down buttons too scroll and camera to select do a factory data reset and cache partition wipe and reboot it

hope i helped