Droid 2 rooted brick risk?

lizard

Reaction score
Disabling of haptic features is one thing I like about my rom. You can overclock, theme, remove bloatware(im running a blurrless rom that let's me choose to have or not have each individual blur element by script), I no longer have to worry about those pesky OTA updates either.

I think what has bricked a few people is rooting, getting OTA, then flashing the older sbf when going back to stock. There was a bootloader kernal update with the last update and you'll get stuck in a bootloop you'll never get out of. Period.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

Reaction score
There was a bootloader kernal update with the last update and you'll get stuck in a bootloop you'll never get out of. Period.

This simply isn't true at all. I've SBFd, redownloaded the OTA update, and SBFd again repeatedly (think 8 or 9 times) and not had an issue. You just have to clear your cache before you SBF.

lizard

Reaction score
Are you telling me if you are running OTA and you flash 2.2 sbf it wont bootloop you? I wont be trying it on my phone.

Reaction score
Durrr... just realized I'm in the D2 forum not the D2G... no idea for your phone, but with mine, if you have done the latest OTA update, you just have to wipe your cache (and a factory data reset doesn't hurt, either) before or after you SBF to the earlier version.