Want to root droid2 but don't know how too

topgungoose

Reaction score
I recently got a motorola droid2. I want to root it but I don't know how and where to get the things I need to do it. Another thing, is there any risks I might run into later on by doing this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
topgungoose

topgungoose

Reaction score
What are the downfalls of rooting it? What are the advantages?

Reaction score
What are the downfalls of rooting it? What are the advantages?

Voids your warranty (if they find out....they won't unless you tell them) is the only downfall that I can think of.

Advantages, you can use all the apps in the market that say "root users only". And you can install custom roms.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of pro's and the only real con's are potential of bricking your device.....which is very very seldom and totally avoidable.....and the whole warranty thing.

Reaction score
There are a ton of pro's and the only real con's are potential of bricking your device.....which is very very seldom and totally avoidable.....and the whole warranty thing.

I've never heard of someone bricking their device when attempting to root. Although...I have a feeling if I try to search for a topic like that ill find one.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've never heard of someone bricking their device when attempting to root. Although...I have a feeling if I try to search for a topic like that ill find one.

Hello. I'm hookbill and I'm here to tell you that it's definitely possible to brick your D2 while rooting or doing an SBF.

northeastern

Reaction score
i have very little experience doing any type of phone stuff like this but i rooted my droid2 today with no difficulties. i also managed to make backups using bootstrap and titanium backup. its very easy

i cannot comment on installing new roms but i can't believe that's too hard.

garbageman

Reaction score
This is my first phone that I have ever rooted and customization to the way I like it, and I am not savy in stuff like this. But it is all very easy just follow every step in the instructions that are given. And if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask we don't mind helping out.

Sent for Liberation