Help with new OTA for Droid 2 and MAC

longjas

Reaction score
ok guys I need some help. I want to load the new OTA update to my droid 2 before loading any more roms. Here is what I currently have.

I am rooted and gained root by using Terminal Emulator and bootstrap

Baseband verison : BP_C_01.09.05P

Kernel 2.6.32.9-g59f0395
w30471@il93lnxdroid08#1
Fission 1.2.1_upgrade.zip

if anyone can explain in an easy way on how to upload the new OTA with my MAC I would appreciate any help! It's killing me not having a new rom and I don't want to risk bricking my device without the new OTA. Thanks for any help.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you can connect the d2 to your mac and mount it then all you have to do is get the files from here: TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

and follow those instructions. Now rsdlite will not work on a mac so hopefully you have a netbook or some form of pc that you have access to. I would not recommend playing around with roms with out it.

OP
L

longjas

Reaction score
ok thanks for the reply. So essiantially I am going to need to get access to a windows computer and use RSD lite. Without that I can't get the OTA?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rsdlite is just for if your phone will not boot up at all. Rsdlite is the last case scenario. You can load up roms through clockwork recovery mode. And MDW Odexed file is essentially that....so all you need to do is install that file like you would any other rom. Once you load it and get it running make a nandroid backup.
Rsdlite is like if nothing works.....and u cant do anything else....so basically a last ditch effort.

OP
L

longjas

Reaction score
ahh... got it. So all I need to do is put the odexed file and put it on the root of my memory card and install it like any other rom. Do I need to mount the sytem also or any other requirements? Once it's done loading essiantially I won't have root any longer and then regain root through whatever process I choose and then load my new rom. Am I correct in all this?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorry for being slow to respond. If you follow the step in that thread you will be fine. You will still have root. And make sure you wipe data and cache.

OP
L

longjas

Reaction score
thanks soo much for the help. I now have the ota update. I will definitely look into that ubuntu linux. I love this forum! :)

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
thanks soo much for the help. I now have the ota update. I will definitely look into that ubuntu linux. I love this forum! :)

Just remember this method is only needed for a full sbf flash back to stock, no need to follow this method if you just want to update. All you will need to do for that is reboot into recovery and run update.zip from sd card