Droid 2 Brick/Bootloop

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by JMarquette, Mar 16, 2011.

1. JMarquette

JMarquette New Member

Guys, I've done a ton of reading and research, but the time has come to post my problem.

I was freezing/unfreezing apps with a bloatfreeze program. I apparently frooze some system apps and froze my cell (antenne, not working).

I performed a system restore (hold down x,etc, etc.). This didn't work.

I read a ton of posts on using sbf to recover this back to original state. Droid2 with bloatware.

I would like to restore this back to original.

Here is what I did. I have XP

1. Download RSD Lite. (RSDLite-4.7+patch.zip). Patch included has a different .ini file.
    2. downloaded DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf
    3. I have the moto drivers. (32bit). 4.9.0
    4. flashed my device.

one of 2 things happen.
    1. I either end up with the booloader screen (d0.11)
    Infinite loops.
    2. I can get to the "Welcome" Android screen.
    The problem here is that my antenna has a slash through it and I have no service. Hence I can't do anything, like activate the phone.
    3. I also have received Failed Flashing Process. Phone (0000): Error Switching phone to BP Pass through ...

I'm pretty stumped on this, any help, suggestions, comments, would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
  2. louy99

louy99 New Member

3. louy99

louy99 New Member

When you had the bootloop, did you pull the battery,reboot in recovery and clear data/factory reset?

Sent from my DROID2
  4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

op are you using a droid 2 global?
  5. MisterBiggs

MisterBiggs New Member

I agree. Sbf has never let me down in these situations!

B
  6. JMarquette

JMarquette New Member

I'll give this a shot in a bit, thanks!
  7. JMarquette

JMarquette New Member

@louy99

If I could run out and hug you I would. In the end, I pulled the battery out and did a factory reset. Previously to this I could get to the welcome screen, but the antenna showed a slash through it. Once I pulled the battery after the flash, did the factory reset, rebooted, it came back like normal.

I did end up placing the file in the root C:\ directory (makes no sense I realize, however people were getting the same error I was). I was receiving and "error sending JUMP command droid" and read that placing the file in the root directory resolved some users problems. Thought I would share for full disclosure.

This, btw, was after the flash said it was unsuccessful, but I did use the sbf provided.

You guys are the best. Many, Many, Many, Many thanks.
  8. Pma7779

Pma7779 New Member

Does anyone know where I can still get the SBF file that was posted here. The link in this post is dead. I am running into the same exact problem as stated JMarquette and I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. The phone is stuck in bootloop, which i guess means I bricked it.
  9. JMarquette

JMarquette New Member

try this.

Google for: DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL

This should return you some hits back on some locations to download. If you can't find it, reply back to the thread and I can throw it on dropbox for you. I'm taking off in a couple of minutes for the weekend, but hopefully this help.

Oh, another huge help for me. I use sbf_flash for linux, I gave up on the windows route (using the Motorola RSD lite). I'm really not trying to start a Linux vs. Windows thing, but I did have good luck with sbf_flash for linux. Not sure if you are up for Linux, but I would highly recommend. Ubuntu is a great place to start. There are quite a few threads on running ubuntu and sbf_flash.

I hope this helps.

Jason
  10. JMarquette

JMarquette New Member

11. jessicabb82

jessicabb82 New Member

Sbf

I was wondering if you could dropbox me the correct sbf file if you still have it i bricked my phone i guess and all the ones ive gotten to download are the wrong ones and im guessing the one i need is DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL but i cant find it ....i have the Droid 2 Global I rooted it with MotorolaOneclick root and doroot.bat ...worked great...when i tried a diff rom Liberty 3 v 2.0 it just looped on the logo screen ive tried everything now it wont do ****!!! im ready to throw it out a window...any help would be appreciated
Search tags for this page
2.4.29 sbf
2.4.29 sbf download
download droid2we x6 2.4.29 full sbf

droid 2 brick

droid 2 global full sbf.zip
droid2we sbf
droid2we x6 2.4.29 full sbf download

droid2we x6 2.4.29 full.sbf

droid2we x6 2.4.29 full.sbf download
droid2we x6 2.4.29.full.sbf
error sending jump command