Soak test for Droid 3 update started today

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Alcapwn89, May 4, 2012.

1. allikanbe

allikanbe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tapped on my phone settings and about the phone and the update was there waiting to be downloaded. Doing it now.

2. doogald

doogald Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    It's surely your right to disagree - I don't mind at all. I did think it was a bit of an exaggeration to talk about the disappointment of the D4 being announced two months after buying the D3 - the phone was out for three when you bought it, and the D4 was still about four months from release (it was formally announced on February 7 this year for release on the 10th.)

I think that Bionic users have a lot more to complain about with the Razr - out two months after the Bionic's release - and even Razr owners about the Razr Maxx - than D3 users have to complain about the D4. (And, yes, 7 months is pretty close.)

Neither you nor I know if the D3 will receive more updates; only time will tell. However, the DX2 is getting an update, the Droid 2 recently had an update (last month), and even the OG Droid had a security update at the end of 2011 - why would Motorola suddenly not update this one phone going forward?

3. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    You're absolutely right, my bad. I should have phrased that more carefully.

True dat.

Those are the polite "EOL bugfixes" I was referring to -- not really updates so much as minor patches/fixes. I guess what I mean by "no more updates" is no real changes in functionality. But that may be more a matter of semantics (i.e., "updates" vs. "version changes").

-Matt

Search tags for this page

5.7.906.en.us

droid 3 and 5.7.906.xt862 and updat
droid 3 system version
minimoto voicemail notifications
root droid 3 5.7.906.xt862