Soak test for Droid 3 update started today

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Thought this would be nice to post here:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/04/soak-tests-starting-for-both-droid-x2-and-droid-3/

C
hangelog:

+ Google Security Patch has been added to improve the security level.

+ Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.

+ Avoid device interruption when accessing an application prior to the storage being fully mounted on the device.

+ Improvements in device stability help avoid device power cycles.

+ When connected to a Bluetooth® headset or HDMI cable, the device will no longer lock up and power cycle.

+ Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.

+ Device will enter sleep mode successfully.

Email, Messaging & Data:

+ Swype® defaults to English.

+ Jump to the most recent message after changing the device orientation while in message list view.

Call Features:

+ Use a wired headset without the interruption of a high pitched tone.

+ Within the notification area, the Visual Voice Mail alert stating the server is not responding after a power-up has been removed.

+ Plus code dialing has been enhanced, improving the experience while traveling.

Applications and Widgets:

+ Playback media can be heard while using a Bluetooth® headset.

+ Place a call to the appropriate recipient using the contact widget.

+ When moving applications to the SD card, shortcuts to these Apps will remain.

+ Improved performance of Messaging Application after prolonged use.

+ After updating the contact database from the Messaging App, the Messaging UI will display the latest contact information.

+ Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved, and used where appropriate.

+ Contact pictures display properly in Google Voice.

+VZ Navigator 3D City is now preloaded.

+ Resolved excessive data usages and continuous downloading for VZ Navigator® 3D City downloads.

+ Successfully post and play videos on Facebook®.

+ Improvements to the camera’s auto focus will reduce the shutter response time and enhance the quality of the captured imagery.

So far the only thing I notice is that the camera is quicker while taking pictures.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the system version if you don't mind?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Actually, it's 5.7.905. At least, that's what the official email said. I just read the article on Droid Life.

Last edited:

boddah

Reaction score
Dont forget about the "Google security patch," AKA break root. at least that's usually what that means.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I read on XDA that VZW goofed on the actual update page and accidentally put .905 instead of. 906. Idk, but either way I'm glad we're finally getting a new update.

OP
Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
It's 906. I'm part of the soak test and looking right at it.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
After running an ICS ROM (AOKP) I'm having a real hard time imagining going back to Gingerbread. About the only thing that better on GB is the easter egg. ;)

Looking at the changelog, I'm disappointed and frankly astonished that there's no mention of a GPS fix. You should see the kvetching on Motorola's D3 forum.

-Matt

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont forget about the "Google security patch," AKA break root. at least that's usually what that means.

Well, Microsoft Security Essentials detects the Gingerbreak APK as malware when you try and download it on a PC. To a typical user, a root exploit IS a security risk.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Alcapwn89 said:
It's 906. I'm part of the soak test and looking right at it.

Ok, ok. Sorry! I was just going by what the stupid internetz said. :) Anyway, I've been reading more about the soak test on XDA and such since I posted my first two comments so please don't shoot me!

doogald

Reaction score
After running an ICS ROM (AOKP) I'm having a real hard time imagining going back to Gingerbread. About the only thing that better on GB is the easter egg. ;)

Well, that and a working video camera, front facing camera, no loss of audio when you switch on Bluetooth, codecs ... ;)

Looking at the changelog, I'm disappointed and frankly astonished that there's no mention of a GPS fix. You should see the kvetching on Motorola's D3 forum.

I've never had a GPS problem myself since I bought the phone in October. I've run with it, navigated (just did two trips this afternoon, to a wedding and a reception.) [knocking wood]

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it will. If your rooted and running one of the current Roms you will be already updated. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.