*OFFICIAL* DL09.tar.md5 update 1/10/10

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the link as posted BY Whosdaman on XDA (*OFFICIAL* DL09.tar.md5 - xda-developers) for the official DL09 OTA release...just to get the word out...:)

Download Link: Samsung Fascinate: Official DL09 Update is HERE! - BriefMobile

Instructions

1. ODIN v1.3
2. Put DL09.tar.md5 in PDA section
- md5: 0e5c11fa8a18ac361602be298e643a47
3. Connect device
4. Flash
5. Enjoy!

THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE COMPLETELY...

Features:
Enhancements:
+ Updated versions of preloaded applications, including V CAST
videos, City ID, VZ Navigator,® and Amazon Kindle.®
Improvements:
+ Ability to change the reminder time and alert tone for
calendar events.
+ Improved the update consistency of the feed and widgets.
+ Music now pauses if you unplug your wired headset or turn
off your Bluetooth® headset.
+ Improved stand-alone GPS performance.
+ Increased security by hiding your 3G Mobile Hotspot password
while typing.
+ Ability to open any PDF attachments sent in an email.
+ Ability to use special characters in corporate email passwords.
+ Enhanced backlight display for the bottom four buttons on
the device to now follow the device display timer setting.
+ Widgets now refresh based on the defined refresh time interval.
+ If already in a locked state, the device will now remain locked
when placed in the desk dock or car dock.
Source: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_up..._fascinate.pdf

Last edited:

minmongoblin

Reaction score
So...can anyone confirm that all of the improvements work, and that this is worth the download/Titanium Backup/Restore?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes the posted improvements work....this has actually been available for a while now on XDA...even before the talk of updating from Verizon or their site....

minmongoblin

Reaction score
So I flashed using adrynalyn's rooted, de-binged, kerneled links. Now I get this target in my notification bar that gets a "wifi-looking symbol" coming from it when GPS is turned on. The wifi-symbol is gone when I turn GPS off, but the target remains. This was never there in DI01...Any idea if DL09 caused that, or adrynalyn's customizing it?

Also my battery life has been crap, I'm thinking because I had GPS (and thus, location services) on, I'm testing to see if leaving it off helps, but just seeing if you (or anyone else) noticed a drop in battery life.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I flashed using adrynalyn's rooted, de-binged, kerneled links. Now I get this target in my notification bar that gets a "wifi-looking symbol" coming from it when GPS is turned on. The wifi-symbol is gone when I turn GPS off, but the target remains. This was never there in DI01...Any idea if DL09 caused that, or adrynalyn's customizing it?

Also my battery life has been crap, I'm thinking because I had GPS (and thus, location services) on, I'm testing to see if leaving it off helps, but just seeing if you (or anyone else) noticed a drop in battery life.

I have that symbol as well...not sure about why at the moment,
I haven't left my phone alone long enough yo do a solid batt life test yet...will do tomorrow

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

pitsterpro

Reaction score
fascinate update

i got the update and now there is a really wired icon in my notification bar to the left of the 3g sign. it looks like a plus sign inside a rhombus and 3 signal bars to the right of it. it looks like this. [+]))). not quite but u get the idea. anyone know what it is.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
i got the update and now there is a really wired icon in my notification bar to the left of the 3g sign. it looks like a plus sign inside a rhombus and 3 signal bars to the right of it. it looks like this. [+]))). not quite but u get the idea. anyone know what it is.

GPS signal

pitsterpro

Reaction score

GPS signal

its not the gps signal. i turned off gps and the icon is still there. and when the gps is on the icon stays the same with three bars and google maps says searching for gps so that cant be it.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

GPS signal

its not the gps signal. i turned off gps and the icon is still there. and when the gps is on the icon stays the same with three bars and google maps says searching for gps so that cant be it.

when i turn off all three options in location/security the 3 bars go away but the icon stays and gps is off, when i turn any of them back on the 3 bars come back and gps shows its on