So why exactly are you waiting for ICS?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Meaning, what do you exactly look forward to in ICS?

Having used it for a week or two now, I can tell you that this is a game changer. The Rezound was great under GB, but under ICS it is like a different phone. Everything is smooth and fast...Menus fade in and screens transition smooth in an iOS-esque way. Everything is faster. On the rare occasions something crashes, it recovers instantly. The menus are all consistent now as well.

If you are not looking forward to this update, you should be.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I actually had the newest leak ics with my extended battery and my battery was worst than my stock gb.
Then you need a new battery, cuz that is not normal. My battery life is virtually the same with ICS leak + extended battery.

Maybe ICS handles multi cores better than GB? Or take advantage of it more?
100% correct.

Because of this the phone will run hotter. Mine runs about 5 degrees warmer.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Then you need a new battery, cuz that is not normal. My battery life is virtually the same with ICS leak + extended battery.

100% correct.

Heat definitely takes a toll on battery life.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Just my two cents, but I upgraded to the leaked ICS back in March, and I have to say that my battery life got drastically better. I hardly ever turn off LTE anymore. I would say i get maybe 30-50% more battery life with ICS.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I can't believe people with extended batteries are turning off LTE heh heh.

I run with brightness on full and 4G all the time. I never turn it off. I get 12 hours easy with heavy use and have gotten 24 before.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
JeffDenver said:

100% correct.

Nope. No new battery. Then why is it after I root the phone and install Scott's clean Rom standard edition ics leak the phone gets better battery, holds better data connection and the phone actually runs a lot cooler? Can't be the battery. Guess, I just had bad luck or something.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I can't believe people with extended batteries are turning off LTE heh heh.

I run with brightness on full and 4G all the time. I never turn it off. I get 12 hours easy with heavy use and have gotten 24 before.

Do you have the extended battery? Mine is the stock, and i run full brightness. I charge it at night, unplug it around 6:30, and dont usually need to plug it back in till 9-10PM. I wouldn't say 12hrs easy(iHeart radio for a few hours kills), but i think i do ok. I mostly only turn off LTE when using iheart radio or pandora, because it isn't necessary, and saves battery. I've never seen 24hours on a Rezound unless it is just sitting in a drawer.
Congratulations.
Are you stock, or rooted.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Do you have the extended battery?
Yep. I got it shortly after I bought the phone in Dec. It has been just awesome. It more than doubled my previous battery life.

24 hours is not with heavy use with settings maxed. But I can do 12 hours with heavy use easy. I am in the habit of only charging while at work now.

Are you stock, or rooted.
100% stock. My phone is not even unlocked.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
locking down applications without root
I forgot to add this, but it bears repeating.

Yes, you can virtually uninstall any bloat and any Vendor UI crap under ICS! I say "virtual' because you are not actually removing it from the phone. But you can force the phone to ignore it as if it is not there. It will remove it from the app drawer and forbid it to run in the background.

I have already cleansed all the bloat from my phone with no side effects. And I am guessing I can do the same with Sense if I wanted to.

All the bloat is still there, but only visible under the "App manager" display...the apps will show up at the bottom and tagged as "disabled". You can access them here and re-enable them if you want to. Once disabled though, they will ONLY appear on this screen. It is freaking awesome.

You can do all this on a completely stock and locked phone with no root access.

I ♥♥♥ ICS.

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
JeffDenver said:
I forgot to add this, but it bears repeating.

Yes, you can virtually uninstall any bloat and any Vendor UI crap under ICS! I say "virtual' because you are not actually removing it from the phone. But you can force the phone to ignore it as if it is not there. It will remove it from the app drawer and forbid it to run in the background.

I have already cleansed all the bloat from my phone with no side effects. And I am guessing I can do the same with Sense if I wanted to.

All the bloat is still there, but only visible under the "App manager" display...the apps will show up at the bottom and tagged as "disabled". You can access them here and re-enable them if you want to. Once disabled though, they will ONLY appear on this screen. It is freaking awesome.

You can do all this on a completely stock and locked phone with no root access.

I ♥♥♥ ICS.

That's my favorite feature. The only reason I was considering rooting was to get rid of the bloat, now I don't have to.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.