So why exactly are you waiting for ICS?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by dzone67, May 28, 2012.

1. crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo Member

Nope. No new battery. Then why is it after I root the phone and install Scott's clean Rom standard edition ics leak the phone gets better battery, holds better data connection and the phone actually runs a lot cooler? Can't be the battery. Guess, I just had bad luck or something.
  2. DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr Member

Do you have the extended battery? Mine is the stock, and i run full brightness. I charge it at night, unplug it around 6:30, and dont usually need to plug it back in till 9-10PM. I wouldn't say 12hrs easy(iHeart radio for a few hours kills), but i think i do ok. I mostly only turn off LTE when using iheart radio or pandora, because it isn't necessary, and saves battery. I've never seen 24hours on a Rezound unless it is just sitting in a drawer.
    Congratulations.
    Are you stock, or rooted.
  3. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Yep. I got it shortly after I bought the phone in Dec. It has been just awesome. It more than doubled my previous battery life.

24 hours is not with heavy use with settings maxed. But I can do 12 hours with heavy use easy. I am in the habit of only charging while at work now.

100% stock. My phone is not even unlocked.
  4. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

I forgot to add this, but it bears repeating.

Yes, you can virtually uninstall any bloat and any Vendor UI crap under ICS! I say "virtual' because you are not actually removing it from the phone. But you can force the phone to ignore it as if it is not there. It will remove it from the app drawer and forbid it to run in the background.

I have already cleansed all the bloat from my phone with no side effects. And I am guessing I can do the same with Sense if I wanted to.

All the bloat is still there, but only visible under the "App manager" display...the apps will show up at the bottom and tagged as "disabled". You can access them here and re-enable them if you want to. Once disabled though, they will ONLY appear on this screen. It is freaking awesome.

You can do all this on a completely stock and locked phone with no root access.

I ♥♥♥ ICS.
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  5. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

That's my favorite feature. The only reason I was considering rooting was to get rid of the bloat, now I don't have to.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.
  6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Forget to add....

I like the data manager and task switcher.
  7. WTF??

WTF?? Member

Hope ICS gets rid of the bootloop deal