best thing about ics you've been waiting for

MJKneuro

Reaction score
I have been using "call confirm" to prevent 'butt dialing'. Does ICS have a intrinsic way of handling this or do I still need to install the program?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
UI enhancements...everything is faster and smoother. I am surprised this isn't more obvious to people.

Close 2nd is being able to disable apps. I love being bloat-free without rooting.

Kenyon1

Reaction score
Finding out that Verizon despises Htc

And the dual core experience.

OP
R

richiecalloway

Reaction score
Well, I finally did it!! Per everyone's recommendations here I downloaded and installed the ics leak. I was amazed at how simple it was thanks to the amazingly detailed instructions I found here. So far everything is working without a hitch as I was told it would by fellow members on this site. Things do run smoother and faster and I've had no issues. One question though? Since I'm new to ICS exactly what does it improve? What all does it do differently? And what are some of the cool new tricks it does com paired to GB? I have it now but may not be utilizing all its cool new features. Any help would be appreciated.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
One question though? Since I'm new to ICS exactly what does it improve? What all does it do differently?
The main reason I like it is the enhanced UI...frame rates are faster and smoother. ICS takes better advantage of multi-core CPUs than GB did. Things like live wallpapers will impact frame rates far less than GB did. Because of the better CPU handling, multi-tasking and background processes mesh better too...so for example I notice there is almost no delay for the dialer to come up when I get a call like there was under GB. Menus are all consistent now...fast and smooth and with effects like rotating, sliding and fading that look like iOS.

ICS has face unlock which is potentially useful if you lock your phone display.

ICS has far better app management. You can disable any app, including Vendor crap and bloatware.

ICS handles the multi-task screen a lot better and it is easier to remove apps from memory.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I find that ics has a built in VoIP/sip phone. At home on WiFi I can connect to my home VoIP pbx system, but not over 4g. Either Verizon or Comcast are filtering out VoIP on the network. So instead I use the free 3CX app which has a tunneling feature which let's it work.