So why exactly are you waiting for ICS?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Smoother UI, better multitasking, dual-core support, locking down applications without root, standard Bluetooth input device support...etc..etc (it truly is a massive upgrade over gingerbread).

These are some of the things I was looking for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
In addition to the above, simply having the capability to run apps written for API levels 14 and 15. Aka apps that require ICS to function. It's going to happen at some point, apps are going to start coming out for 4.0+ devices only. I don't care to be left behind.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The rumors to stop about when it's coming

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The rumors to stop about when it's coming

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

Well, we all know as soon as ICS releases for a good number of devices, it will just change to "When is Jellybean coming? Is Jellybean coming tomorrow? Come on, Jellybean"

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Well, we all know as soon as ICS releases for a good number of devices, it will just change to "When is Jellybean coming? Is Jellybean coming tomorrow? Come on, Jellybean"

I'm fairly satisfied with ICS....when is Jellybean coming? :what:

Josphe72

Reaction score
Got ICS today...

On my new Galaxy Tab 2..

When will Jellybean come?..

Sent from my Rezound using tapatalk 2

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
Does anyone know if ICS improves battery life when compared to Gingerbread?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
dzone67 said:

I got my extended battery within a day or two of loading the leak so from personal experience I honestly can't say. However I would have to say no because ics makes better use of the dual core processor. It uses both cores more so than gingerbread.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I got my extended battery within a day or two of loading the leak so from personal experience I honestly can't say. However I would have to say no because ics makes better use of the dual core processor. It uses both cores more so than gingerbread.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Using a single core doesn't improve battery life exactly, the single core will be spun up twice as long. The use of GPU acceleration generally improves battery life a small amount on ICS.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
dzone67 said:

I actually had the newest leak ics with my extended battery and my battery was worst than my stock gb. Now I have Scott's clean Rom standard edition ics leak and I am getting way better battery with that rather than the stock ics leak. I can easily get 24-30hrs with moderate usage.

Caden

Reaction score
Ihave a droidx and I'm waiting for Verizon's iteration of Galaxy Note to come out. Anyone know if this'll happen before the end of the world on Dec 21 or do I have to wait till the next lifetime?

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
Caden said:
Ihave a droidx and I'm waiting for Verizon's iteration of Galaxy Note to come out. Anyone know if this'll happen before the end of the world on Dec 21 or do I have to wait till the next lifetime?

Why are you posting this here? No offense...
To answer your question, IMO, the Verizon should be getting the Note. If I'm correct, they are going to name it the Galaxy "Journal"...

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
crxlsturbo said:
I actually had the newest leak ics with my extended battery and my battery was worst than my stock gb. Now I have Scott's clean Rom standard edition ics leak and I am getting way better battery with that rather than the stock ics leak. I can easily get 24-30hrs with moderate usage.

Really? One would assume better battery life with an update... Are those hours averages or was that a day you really didn't use your phone? If those are averages, that's more than enough for me to root! Ha.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Smoother UI, better multitasking, dual-core support, locking down applications without root, standard Bluetooth input device support...etc..etc (it truly is a massive upgrade over gingerbread).

These are some of the things I was looking for.

I have a question:

On my RAZR with GB...if I use the System Panel app, I go to where it shows both cores only 1 is active. if I start swiping up n down on my screen, both cores show activity. When I stop...only 1 core shows activity. I can also max out my cpu by doing this.

I thought multi core support was already in Android....

Anandtech article:

AnandTech - LG Optimus 2X & NVIDIA Tegra 2 Review: The First Dual-Core Smartphone

Maybe ICS handles multi cores better than GB? Or take advantage of it more?

Last edited: