ICS Keyboard mic button causes error?

Coupe

Reaction score
So I had the ICS keyboard app installed before the update to ICS and since the update the mic button causes an error that I need to get past before I can use it, it kinda defeats the "one click" feature.

Also, why do I still need the app for ICS keyboard? I uninstalled it and found the default keyboard to be the same old keyboard that came with the phone.

Why don't we have the ICS keyboard nativly and has anyone else had problems with the mic button?

OP
Coupe

Coupe

Reaction score
Well, after 81 views I guess I am the only one that has issues, and the only one that cant understand why the ICS keyboard is not included in our ICS release? Why do we need to download the ICS keyboard when we now have ICS?

WTF?

HowardZ

Reaction score
Probably because nobody, including me, has even heard of special ics keyboards.

Which ics keyboard app do you use?
I see many if them in the Google play store

HowardZ

Reaction score
I just installed a jellybeans keyboard by vllwp.
I find it very loud and annoying.
I see no improvements.
I like the sense keyboard better.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Agreed... The Sense keyboard is actually very nice, I have tried Perfect Keyboard, SwiftKey, Smart Keyboard, Go Keyboard, and a few others, and I always wind up back at the default Sense keyboard using the Trace Typing feature. I would also note that the Voice to Text operated flawlessly with all of these keyboards, including the stock Sense keyboard, although on occasion the Google Voice Typing input method just decides to disable itself once in a while and I have to go back into settings and tick it again to make it work properly.